Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: showing off your pictures

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Hi Debbie. I too like the words "share" compared to showing off. I would not post the pictures that I have if I didn't want to SHARE!! Have a great day and share some more photos. HUGS< Beth :thumbup:[/quote]

Hello again, so glad we chatted today. Now I hope more people will post pictures. I am off to looka t some now. HUGS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamannix
    How do you post pictures here? - I have read through the instructions and they say to hit the browse button, but I cannot find a browse button. I thought that maybe the button didn't display with Safari, so I tried Firefox and still no Browse button.
    What obvious part am I not getting??? Thanks - Judy

...go to search and type in "how to post pics."

I have a quilt album on Facebook and the last time I added a quilt, just a few days ago, I have 40 quilts in it. And that is just the past 5 years or so. Lots of baby quilts that never made it to Facebook. I also take them to work and to my coffee club at the local cafe. Always fun to share.

f

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thequiltmama
    I am old fashioned. I print pics of everything for my photo album. And keep them forever :)
    Same here.

I like to use webshots but I don't always post my quilt photos there, mostly my fabric postcards created and received in swaps online. I do have a quilt album there but it isn't current.

I post here on occasion too, but usually don't feel my work is up to par to so many others here and don't feel confident about sharing.

Blog Entries
    I'm with you Debbie. I'm so glad everyone on the board shares their pictures. That's what got me interested in the board. I love looking at other people's work and get inspired to do some of the same patterns. I have a new digital camera and I have even taken pictures of some of the quilts on the computer. Now that Marcia has told me how to bookmark, maybe I can keep what I want there. Hopefully I'll be able to show some of mine when I figure out the camera and computer. Granny is slow but she's getting old. haha

Sassy granny

Blog Entries
    Before I found this group, I posted my photos on WebShots.com and I could send the link to my family and friends. I have the "free" account, and lots of quilters do the same thing. Not hard to upload your photos, and you can keep them private (for invitation only) or public where anyone can see them. I do not like TV, so I spend lots of time at my computer looking at quilts on many sites. This QB is now my favorite and I love the people who post here. Great group. Please share your photos with us.

I have a separate Facebook page for my quilting customers to see my work and I post photo albums there. (It's Thimble and Thread if anyone wants to see it.)

Here and Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by BJ SewKkrazzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
    Nowhere other than here.
    but that won't work for people who are not members, will it?
    Sure it will, you don't have to be a member to look, the only thing is they can't add any comments but if they know you personally they could always send you an email with a comment.

Quote Originally Posted by BJ SewKkrazzy
    I am old fashioned. I print pics of everything for my photo album. And keep them forever :)

Yes, I do this also!
    I do this too and print on the back when it was made, who it was made for, and the name of the quilt.

forgot to say that I make a personal file that I print out for myself so I can have a more permanent copy of all the quilts I have done since I started doing this a couple of years ago. The quilts I have done prior to that I have no clue of what I did. I was more into clothes making and only through together one once in a blue moon. My daughter said she had a couple I did 20 years ago or longer but I don't remember them and she won't let me see them. She said I'd probable take them back LOL

Someday she will at least take a picture and send it to me, I hope. She told me a year ago she would but still no picture.

Just for my record, I have a folder on my computer where I post my projects.

Go on and ask for your password to be reset.

Ditto on this.

Blog Entries
    I decided to try a OBW after seeing the pictures of so many here~ ditto with bargellos. I LOVE seeing everyone's pictures, and I definitely don't think it's showing off. It expands everyone else's horizons to see new ideas and color combinations.

I love looking at everyone's projects both as WIP and finished. It has really inspired me to branch out into different areas with my quilting. I've done three quilts but didn't think about taking pictures and keeping a journal. I did some table runners for
    Christmas gifts and I do have a picture of one (they were all alike) and I did sign those. Is there somewhere I can look to get an idea of what should go into a journal? I hope everyone will keep sharing their projects so I can continue to drool over them. They are amazing!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I have a photo album at home, pluse I use webshots.com

I show my pictures here. Love the New Post in the Picture Section called Gallery of Quilts. It is the first post and has beautiful quilts. Great inspiration. Being updated gradually.

Quote Originally Posted by ann clare
    I show my pictures here. Love the New Post in the Picture Section called Gallery of Quilts. It is the first post and has beautiful quilts. Great inspiration. Being updated gradually.
    I can't find the picture section called Gallery o quilts

Power Poster
    Now where. Not even here yet.

I now keep a picture of the quilts I make and file them in a scrap book. I add finished size, when made and occasion of gift.

I use webshots.

Quote Originally Posted by debbieoh
    Quote Originally Posted by ann clare
    I can't find the picture section called Gallery o quilts
    Go to the home page. Go to the picture portion. It is the very first thread on the picture section. "Gallery of Quilts" Click there and there are gobs and gobs of pictures of different quilts pictured. :lol:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast