Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: showing off your pictures

Quote Originally Posted by np3
    There are two ways to think of showing off. I think this was meant in the nicest way. To let others get ideas and be inspired. I know I have saved many pictures and patterns from the Picture topic. I have a journal of my things as well. I don't show them any other place. I don't even take them to Guild for show and tell. Just me!!!
    Please take your projects to guild. It's part of who you are. Yes it's showing off a little but it's soooo muuuch fuuuun! Every project can be an inspiration to others.

Quote Originally Posted by np3
    There are two ways to think of showing off. I think this was meant in the nicest way. To let others get ideas and be inspired. I know I have saved many pictures and patterns from the Picture topic. I have a journal of my things as well. I don't show them any other place. I don't even take them to Guild for show and tell. Just me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by featherweight
    I don' show mine off.. I keep a picture in my computer for my own use but I don't feel the need to show them off other than to my friends here.. I also take them to my different quilt groups that I belong to.
    Same for me - though I do put some of them on my facebook page to share with friends far away.

I always loved show & tell when I was a kid. I show here and on my blog, occasionally a special quilt on facebook. Sometimes the urge to show is the only reason I finish a dreaded project. I'm not a member of any local groups but once in a while I take some finished quilts to the firehouse to show my friends, lol :D

I display my quilts on my Etsy site, Flickr and blog. I also share them on facebook. I love feedback to see what other peoples' taste are for colors and designs. I love looking at everyones' quilts!
    Attached Images Attached Images

[quote=debbieumphress]
    Well excuse me for using the wrong term

Oh featherweight, I was not responding to your post in particular, just the words "Showing off". So sorry if it came across this way. It was meant to be an excited, not showing off, but sharing thing. There are some who won't post because they think this way and I wanted to make sure more would post or continue to. HUGS
    :oops: I used to only post in my PDA and now, since we are encourage to post in PIctures, I started doing so.
    Hi Debbie. I too like the words "share" compared to showing off. I would not post the pictures that I have if I didn't want to SHARE!! Have a great day and share some more photos. HUGS< Beth :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I just started a quilting journal in word. I haven't printed it out yet but folks here are reminding me that I should - thank you! Also for anyone doing this in a word doc remember to back it up, especially if you aren't going to print it out. I include pics, dates of started project with details (like I finished first block today and pic), who the quilt is for and all kinds of details. It may not be of much interest to others but I think it's pretty cool and wish I had started waaaay sooner.

Banned
    I love that idea....I may just have to start doing that. thanks :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Happy
    I just started a quilting journal in word. I haven't printed it out yet but folks here are reminding me that I should - thank you! Also for anyone doing this in a word doc remember to back it up, especially if you aren't going to print it out. I include pics, dates of started project with details (like I finished first block today and pic), who the quilt is for and all kinds of details. It may not be of much interest to others but I think it's pretty cool and wish I had started waaaay sooner.

I save mine in a journal, plus the pictures I take of them on my digital camera I feed into my laptop so that I also have a file folder on them amongst other family pictures. Nice to have two records of all quilts.

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    Well excuse me for using the wrong term!!
    deep breath. relax

Blog Entries
    I use Shutterfly, it's free and you can set up your own website.

I share my photos of my quilts and other craft projects with my family and friends on Facebook! I'm a scrapbooker and have a album for my quilt layouts. I also have a small brag book that I carry with me that has photos of my quilts and other craft projects to show family and friends.

[quote=np3]There are two ways to think of showing off. I think this was meant in the nicest way.

Me too.

some here, some on facebook...but mostly on my blog.

Same thing happened with my flickr acount! Grrr. And sewing pics was basically all I used it for.

I used to have a blog where I posted all my projects, but now it is just here and showing people in real life. I need to have somewhere on the internet to show my work, because my DH has only limited appreciation for quilts. I do take lots of stuff to show his mom, she quilts too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ SewKkrazzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
    Nowhere other than here.
    but that won't work for people who are not members, will it?
    Yes, it will work for people who aren't members. When they come to quiltingboard.com they simply do a search for your handle on here. By clicking on your name they will be taken to your profile.

In your profile they need to click on the list of topics you have created. Up pops a list of all topics you have created and to the left it says what sections your topics are in. One section is pictures where they can click and see your work. It is not as concise at flicker (sp) is but it works. Plus your friends can see all the wonderful compliments and encouragement your quilting board friends have posted! :-D :-D

PS: your password for flickr should be the same as the one you have for your Yahoo account.

Blog Entries
    It is sooo much more fun now than when I started back in the early 70's. Back then there were only a few out of print books in the library, no quilt magazines, no LQS, no guilds. It really wasn't a lot of fun without the sharing. Of course we also never knew about quilt police either!

Here is one of my earliest quilts about 1973. I thought that this was hand applique. I used embroidery floss and the backstitch to attach everything, including the sashing!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I show some on this board. I also have a Webshots account where I upload lots of albums. I also copy all my pictures to a flash drive and keep paper photo journals of them. I believe I am will covered, except when I forget to take the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrio
    deep breath. relax
    I did and I did!! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrio
    deep breath. relax
    I did and I did!! :thumbup:
    LOL - Good for you!!

Dkm
    I bought a small(good) camera and that's what I use for show and tell to friends and family. It has really worked well for me.

Here, on my blog, and on my phone. I keep a quilt journal too.

I have a quilt album on my facebook

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Here, facebook, my website.
    My longarm work is in a photo album so I can show customers and I can take it with me to show.
    I also take some of my pieces to work to show co-workers and customers.

How do you post pictures here? - I have read through the instructions and they say to hit the browse button, but I cannot find a browse button. I thought that maybe the button didn't display with Safari, so I tried Firefox and still no Browse button.
    What obvious part am I not getting??? Thanks - Judy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast