Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: signature block ideas

signature block ideas

I am looking for ideas for simple signature blocks. What have you used? Pictures appreciated. Thank you.

Blog Entries
    What about square in a square?

bj
    If you go to quilters cache she has lots of blocks. Some are album blocks. I like one called antique tiles. http://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore.html They are in alphabetical order. Happy hunting!
    If I'm too busy to quilt, something else has to go.

I made a wedding memory wall hanging for my GD. She wanted blue and he wanted gray so I got a jelly roll of assorted blues and grays. Used a pale blue for the signatures. Ironed the pale blue with freezer paper and cut into 3 x 6 strips. Using a washable marker(crayola) I drew 2 1/2 x 5 1/2 rectangles so people would know to write inside the lines. a #5 Micron black pen worked well. Some people wrote messages and one went out of the lines. I would suggest having someone at a table to instruct the guests and make sure they don't walk off with the pen. Have 2 or 3 of them handy.

You may want to lay a picture frame mat or even a cardboard frame over the quilt block. As mentioned above, make sure writing is within the lines. You may want to include a small board with specific directions and an example.

Include extra blocks in case of mistakes. This sounds like a fun project for the guests.

Eleanor Burns has a free pattern called Crackerbox that I used for a wedding quilt. Easy as they make them.
    So much fabric, so little time.

I used square in a square for my daughter's wedding since I wanted to keep people "in the lines". Worked well for us. Now to get to making something with them.
    I'd rather be at the lake

Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt

I used the memory quilt block. Sorry I don't have a pic. It's at my Mom's. But it turned out great.

Blog Entries
    i was involved in one where the square ws cut on a diagonal, the insert was white with the name, the background upper and lower were added. You might want to make all the squares so they know where to sign.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

I think a snowball block would work. Or just 2 corners snowballed with decent sized squares to leave a nice diagonal space to write in.

These would go into our guild's President's quilt. I need to make quite a few, smallish size to have members who didn't make a block sign

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I use this one.

Jan in VA
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

The one Jan shows is one I have made using scrap fabrics or two fabrics. Both looked great. The scrappy one was for my GS retiring teacher. The kids enjoyed picking their favorite block to sign