Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Silly question... >

Silly question...

Silly question...

Old 04-19-2010, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by DeneK
I have noticed that when I am ready to cut up the last of a fabric I really like, I am reluctant to do it. It's like when I cut it, I've lost a special fabric even tho I know I am going to use it in something else I will like.

Does anyone else get so attached to a special fabric that you don't want to cut it up and use it? Or am I just the silly one?

Dene
I have fabric I pull out and look, out but don't use becasue I'm afraid I'll never get another piece I like as much! Silly, huh?
Old 04-19-2010, 10:13 AM

And that is how "stashes" begin.... no one wants to cut up the pretty fabrics, we'd rather just go buy some more!! LOL
Old 04-19-2010, 11:31 AM

All the time!
Old 04-19-2010, 11:38 AM

Denek, how old is your Bichon, name, sex.... and all the happy stuff. I meant sex as in male or female... not in the biblical sense...

I have two, Junie (my rescue she's 8 and I have had her 4 years, rescued from a puppy mill) and then I have the Beast or better known as Tatter Tot. He's four, low to ground, and he can carry on a conversation with you exactly as if you were talking to a neighbor. I guess he gets it from me... poor baby. Not really spoiled in the weirdest sense. And Junie is just as shy and delicate as if she was a prima donna. She is an excellent and dear little girl.

Whoops, better get back to your question. So busy with your fluff I forgot where I was. Nothing new here on that,,
Old 04-19-2010, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by bluestarmom
Denek, how old is your Bichon, name, sex.... and all the happy stuff. I meant sex as in male or female... not in the biblical sense...
The Bichon in my photo is Gracie (apx 9 yo) One of our retirement Bichons. We know some guys who show them and when they are ready for retirement, every now and then we get another 2. Usually get them in pairs. At this time, we have 4. Mom and 2 of her pups. 4th unrelated. We had two older ones, but they have crossed the bridge. Our 3 were daughter and grands from one of those.

Also have to say that one of yours looks so much like my friends "special" Bichon Cinnamon who we lost to pancreatitis almost 7 years ago. She would give anything for another Cinny. She comments every time she notices your avatar photo.

Love to talk about the furkids... If you want to continue the discussion, we can take it to the chat section.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:20 PM

I always put some in my quilt diary to show the fabrics I used. I can go back to that if I want to fawn over the fabric! lol
~Bj~
Old 04-19-2010, 02:19 PM

Yes, I have fabric I haven't been able to sew. Pieces I got to make something specific for someone and didn't get it done before they left this world. I fondle it and put it back on the shelf. I can't let it go.

I gave it some more thought:
We all need quilters anonymous!
Old 04-19-2010, 02:28 PM

Silly? If so I'm beyond silly. I can hardly stand to cut the slightest sliver from any of the fabric in my stash. Obviously I just like to collect and organize it. lol
Old 04-19-2010, 05:24 PM

And to think I thought I was the only one!!

You have all made me feel so much better about the piece of tartan I bought from a quiltmaker in Scotland in 1971 and haven't ever had the courage to cut. Trouble is, it's a tad out of fashion now, so I guess I'll just have to keep it a little longer.

Glad to hear I'm not alone.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:30 PM

When that fabric goes into a scrappy quilt you will remember what you made with it. But I get really attached to favorites and love using a scrap some place else. Then there are fabrics I am glad to see finally used up and gone!