Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Silly Sewing Poll - i'm wondering who's like me?

Blog Entries
    I wear a shoe, because of a bad memory. When I was 16, I was (as usual back then in CA) barefoot in the house. I was doing some handsewing, and I heard a :!: crashing :!: sound outside. I jumped up to look. Didn't feel anything at the moment, but I couldn't find my sewing needle. Searched and found HALF of it :cry: Trip to the ER :cry: :cry: Don't remember how many stitches, and I still have uncomfortable scar tissue on the ball of my foot. Since then, I've kept my shoes on when I'm sewing :?

I wear a pair of my many colored Merril sandals. Today I wore my aqua ones. Tomorrow mmmmmm probably the red or rust...... or maybe the lime green ones.

Emily in sunny south FL

Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(
    Klue:
    I am with you, I sew in sox in winter and barefoot in summer. I agree with you, I too am under the illusion that I have more control. Control is very important, I must be in CONTROL. If I am not in CONTROL then I am not happy. Ok now I am losing control... :oops
    I am happy with my illusions. LOL :D

HI - I usually wear socks. Sometimes that isn't a good idea if there is a stray pin on the floor, but that is what I usually wear.

Colleen quilting in PA

Socks or bare feet...I tend to be heavy footed with shoes. I have absolutely no control over the foot pedal if I have shoes on. JB thinks I'm nuts LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cjc
    What a great question!! My husband always laughs at me, when I am sewing I have my right foot either barefoot or in socks and my left foot has the shoe on.
    There is a definite divide going on, and then we have this!
    I am thinking, based on another post about one shoe off, one shoe on, maybe we need to keep a pair of slip ons by the machine, so that if we hear breaking glass we slip on the shoes and are prepared for anything!
    I have always said, "Give me a pair of shoes and a bra, and I am INVINCIBLE!"

Blog Entries
    [b][i]when at home I always wear houseshoes, so when I;m sewing I take off the slipper and sew barefoot it does feel like I have more control. plus I really don't like to wear shoes in the house.

ditto Barefoot or socks. I alsoi prefer to drive my car the same way, and remove the "accelarater " shoe, I can feel what is going on like several of the others.
    :wink:

Barefootin' unless the concrete gets to cold then it's slipper socks. I also prefer to be shoeless for the gas pedal when driving.

Blog Entries
    I know what you mean. I can not sew with shoes on of any kind. I either have to have just socks on or just plain bare feet. :mrgreen:

I wear my Boston Birkenstock clogs so I can slide my foot in and out quickly because I ALWAYS sew barefoot. I thinks its because I can feel the pedal better so I have better control over it. I'm one of those people with issues that prevents me from walking around barefoot so when I head to the sewing machine I change into my Birks.

I like working in my barefeet or socks. I definitely have more control of the pedal that way. ;0)

socks or bare feet.. preferably bare feet.. I too like the feel of the foot pedal under my foot

the only time I put shoes on if I will be driving the car. My hubby too. My sisters and her grown boys and their kids.

Maybe there's something wrong with us!! or maybe been living in the south to long!!

My parents wore shoes.

Simple quilter

Blog Entries
    I have to wear shoes cuz I'm old and need to have the cushion. :lol: I'm usually up and down so much that being barefooted would hurt my legs. DH usuallly calls to me to show me something. :lol:

Blog Entries
    I have to wear shoes cuz I'm old and need to have the cushion. :lol: I'm usually up and down so much that being barefooted would hurt my legs. DH usuallly calls to me to show me something. :lol:

i wear shoes because my feet get cold on the basement floor

Quote Originally Posted by kd124
    Barefootin' unless the concrete gets to cold then it's slipper socks. I also prefer to be shoeless for the gas pedal when driving.
    I glad someone else is like me, I really canīt drive with my shoes on, I can feel the car better, (if that makes sense). Have my slippers on when driving the sewing machine though, mainly cos we have marble floors here in Spain and its cold underfoot.

Elle

just went looking for my shoes- there are three pairs on the side and one pair under the cutting table. guess I'm a barefoot sewing person.

Shoes for sure. My feet are so sensitive that using the foot pedal barefoot, I soon feel the heat and recoil........sandals or tenny's are my shoe of choice to sew in.....

Junior Member ProLongarmARTQUILTER's Avatar
    Slippers or Houseshoes whatever you call em, comfy

If I am wearing just socks, that is how I will sew. Then if I take the dog for a walk and start back up with my shoes on, it feels funny for just a few minutes and then I do not notice it anymore. There is one thing though. I am very particular about how I position myself in front of the sewing machine. I have to be just so or it does not feel right.

Banned
    i'm that way too and i never realized it.

we have a newer cat and he loves my sewing chair - so yesterday i didn't want to kick him out so i used another chair and i just couldn't make it work.

it was the wrong angle and to low.

so i ended up building him a quilt tent on that chair and took back my beloved sewing chair.

i'm a bad mommy.

I like bare feet or socks. I have not clue why, but if I'm wearing shoes when I sit down at the machine. I always slide at least my pedal shoe off but most of the time I take both off.

Angie

I'm another person with bad feet (fallen arches) which means I have to wear shoes with good arch support all the time in the house otherwise I get sore feet. So I sew with my shoes on.

Jan

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast