Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Simple way to view new site - I think !!! >

Simple way to view new site - I think !!!

Simple way to view new site - I think !!!

Old 11-03-2011, 09:25 AM

My first post on this board, seeing how it works. :-)
Old 11-03-2011, 09:28 AM

Red face Trying advanced Option

I was able to post this with no problem. I was worried at first because the first post I clicked on said it couldn't be navigated to. The advanced option lets you choose an icon. It didn't go in this thread, it's up by the title. I see now that I must scroll down to check the option to get notified if someone comments, it used to be automatic unless it was unchecked. Now I get to see if this comes to my email.

Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
My first post on this board, seeing how it works. :-)
Old 11-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Power Poster

thanks, itrying to find "general chitchat" and the one where items were posted with links for goodies and free patterns.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:34 AM

after my own heart! I NEED color CHANGEI too would go back & forth on topics & are having a hard time following the current changes! NOT AS GOOD, in my opinion! THANKS,- hope it works for me! SS
Old 11-03-2011, 10:41 AM

This may be great, if I can ever figure out how it works. I miss being able to click the back arrow. It is a little confusing for old non-computer savvy brains like mine!
Old 11-03-2011, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by mzzzquilts View Post
I am enjoying poking around the new site, and I'm sure in a few days, things will all fall into place....BUT, if you really are struggling, I found something that might help you out. Scroll down to bottom of main page, and click on the word "ARCHIVE". All the forum catagories populate, and you can click on the ones you want to see and it lists the all the posts in that catagory, newest on top. I think this might be as close to what those of us that loved to use the "unread topics" link on the old site? Click each one you care to read, it takes you to the post. On the browser I use, IE, once you read one, the link will change color. Perhaps this will make it easy for you to make sure you're seeing all new posts. If I'm correct on this, this "generic" link might be the way to go for some of you who absolutely don't like all the new bells & whistles.
i went to Home, chose Main and scrolled down and didn't see Archives. can you cut and paste to show exactly where it is that you mean?
Old 11-03-2011, 12:10 PM

Default Finding Archives

Originally Posted by mzzzquilts View Post
I am enjoying poking around the new site, and I'm sure in a few days, things will all fall into place....BUT, if you really are struggling, I found something that might help you out. Scroll down to bottom of main page, and click on the word "ARCHIVE". All the forum catagories populate, and you can click on the ones you want to see and it lists the all the posts in that catagory, newest on top. I think this might be as close to what those of us that loved to use the "unread topics" link on the old site? Click each one you care to read, it takes you to the post. On the browser I use, IE, once you read one, the link will change color. Perhaps this will make it easy for you to make sure you're seeing all new posts. If I'm correct on this, this "generic" link might be the way to go for some of you who absolutely don't like all the new bells & whistles.
i went to Home, chose Main and scrolled down and didn't see Archives. can you cut and paste to show exactly where it is that you mean?

Edit: there's a simpler way to find Archives. use the search window and type in "Archives". it comes up.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:25 PM

I lost all of my bookmarks from the other board. This really pi**** me off.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:47 PM

Thank you for sharing this information. I just got on to read everything and was blown away by all the changes
this board has made. Its so much easier to click on ARCHIVE and find everything I have been searching for. Not
sure what prompted the board to make all these changes...wasn't unhappy with the way they posted on the old board.
It just was so much easier to have each topic and just click on the ones I wanted to read. Again thanks for your help.
I was about ready to give up and drop this from my contact this. Betty Lee
Old 11-03-2011, 12:56 PM

Go to settings on the top right of the page. You should be able to find on the left side of the page your messages and bookmarks. I still haven't learned how to bookmark something new yet. Hope this helps.
Originally Posted by Betty Lee View Post
Thank you for sharing this information. I just got on to read everything and was blown away by all the changes
this board has made. Its so much easier to click on ARCHIVE and find everything I have been searching for. Not
sure what prompted the board to make all these changes...wasn't unhappy with the way they posted on the old board.
It just was so much easier to have each topic and just click on the ones I wanted to read. Again thanks for your help.
I was about ready to give up and drop this from my contact this. Betty Lee