Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Simple way to view new site - I think !!! >

Simple way to view new site - I think !!!

Simple way to view new site - I think !!!

Old 11-03-2011, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by mzzzquilts View Post
I am enjoying poking around the new site, and I'm sure in a few days, things will all fall into place....BUT, if you really are struggling, I found something that might help you out. Scroll down to bottom of main page, and click on the word "ARCHIVE". All the forum catagories populate, and you can click on the ones you want to see and it lists the all the posts in that catagory, newest on top. I think this might be as close to what those of us that loved to use the "unread topics" link on the old site? Click each one you care to read, it takes you to the post. On the browser I use, IE, once you read one, the link will change color. Perhaps this will make it easy for you to make sure you're seeing all new posts. If I'm correct on this, this "generic" link might be the way to go for some of you who absolutely don't like all the new bells & whistles.
Thanks! Just what I was looking for. Knew it had to be around somewhere!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:14 PM

You have to begin your reply then you will see Go Advanced next to Post Quick Reply. Hope this helps. We will all get there if we pose questions and others help with answers.
Originally Posted by Crqltr View Post
I read some where on here (can't find it again) to post a pic you have to first select "go advanced" I can't even find that! And can't ask how because I can't figure out how to start a new topic! This will take some getting used to that if for sure!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:20 PM

I took a picture of the bottom of the page - in the brown bar at the bottom you will see archive.

Originally Posted by butterflywing View Post
i went to Home, chose Main and scrolled down and didn't see Archives. can you cut and paste to show exactly where it is that you mean?

Edit: there's a simpler way to find Archives. use the search window and type in "Archives". it comes up.
Attached Thumbnails screen-shot-2011-11-03-8.17.12-pm.png  
Old 11-03-2011, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Fabriholic View Post
If anybody figures out how to get the signature back in will you please let us know? We all just need time to get used to this ... I don't think anyone over 40 cares much for change :-)
I'm over 50 & I can tell you I don't care much for it. LOL. I guess I really am showing my age. I need to go get some sunglasses to block the glare of these bright white pages. LOL.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Debbie C View Post
You're definitely not alone. I really am having a hard time trying to figure all this out. My question to the webmaster is this "If it wasn't broken, why'd you have to go and fix it??"
Maybe they should offer a computer class to work through this. LOL. I think with each other help we will make it, but I do agree with your quote. It Was not broken, I miss the old format.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt View Post
I was one of the testers, and it does take a lil bit of getting use to.. Just keep playing and clicking, and do a lot of snooping around...
i understand what you are saying, but can you and the designers understand that this is what we're unhappy about? I want to come and read about quilting and no one is helping us find answers to the new format. we are told where to post questions, but there are no answers, (i have posted 3 different questions regarding the 'blue arrows' that are supposed to take us back to our previous position after posting or subscribing... cannot find but the back arrow at least gets us back to the previous page, if not the location on the page as it used to do)...
Old 11-03-2011, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by fayzer View Post
Yes, it was under help. There were several fuzzy video that I couldn't see or hear. Now I can't even find that help section.
If we were able to give this website feedback, it would get a big fat ZERO or HATE IT from me.
If I could find it I would give you a thumbsup, but since I can's find the emotions/smileys jsut the spelling will have to do.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks View Post
Ok, so I'm not a regular anymore; I'm a Senior - did you really have to tell everyone. Isn't the fact that I can't hear, wear glasses, walk with a cane enough evidence that I'm a senior without it printed everyday (grin)
Looks like they made you a Super Member Bobbielinks! LOL
Old 11-03-2011, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by pattipat View Post
Where did the bookmarks go?
Click on Settings on the top of the page, it will take you to your bookmarks.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:11 PM

Wow, been away from my computer for two days and so much has happened to all my sites, changes on this board, changes to my gmail, and changes to my food.com net work. it's going to take me some time to get use to all the change on all my favorite sites. Now to find out my status on this board.