Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Simplicity cutter or Accuquilt, Accuquilt  Go Baby??... >

Simplicity cutter or Accuquilt, Accuquilt Go Baby??...

Simplicity cutter or Accuquilt, Accuquilt Go Baby??...

Old 10-12-2011, 11:15 AM

I bought the accuquilt studio when it was on sale for near the same price as the "go" and like it very much. You can't take it with you, but I don't need to. It cuts strips super good and accurate! I just wait till I can afford another die, I have about 10 now, you don't have to buy a lot of dies to make the machine worth the price.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:16 AM

OOps, also the way you load it you can get really long strips for binding or whatever.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:29 AM

I have the GO and just love it. JoAnns online runs sales on the dies and if they are not on sale, you can use a coupon. I have purchased most of mine from them.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:51 AM

I don't think you can ever use coupons on accuquilt products at Joann's.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:58 PM

I also have the Go & am now using it to cut 2 1/2 inch squares. One thing that I've found that really makes a difference in the accuracy of cutting absolutely square is to place the fabric correctly on the die. It must be placed with the least stretch (lof) feeding into the roller. Placing it with the width of fabric feeding into the roller makes it stretch some & therefore the squares aren't really square. Just a tip for those who might be getting this die. I hope this is clear???
It sure does make cutting a lot of squares easier & quicker.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:32 PM

Gee I wish I would of had that bigger one. I'm working with 1.75 and crooked cuts,not fun. Someone else did the cutting.

Darn I'm always last to know. I need to hang out at the store more.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:35 PM

fabricdepot.com in Oregon also has sales on the go and baby cutters.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:35 PM

Dies mostly.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:04 PM

I have the june tailor shape cut too, and it is my favorite ruler and is a cheaper alternative method to the products you mentioned. I have heard not so good things about the simplicity. I would go accuquilt go or Sizzix pro if you are looking at strips. Wait for a good sale though because both are expensive when not on sale, but the do become on sale very often on joanns.com and even some sizzix stuff at micheals, just be wary if you do purchase the sizzix one that is not the westminster edition(Joann's and micheals do not sell the westminster edition), you will have to buy the extended pads for the strips, these come with the westminster edition, that is the only difference between the 2 is the pads. The regular ones come with the short pads for scrapbooking. Also the quilting dies for sizzix are not sold at joanns if you get that one, but the pads are so you can get those at a discount.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by mloquilts
I also have the Go & am now using it to cut 2 1/2 inch squares. One thing that I've found that really makes a difference in the accuracy of cutting absolutely square is to place the fabric correctly on the die. It must be placed with the least stretch (lof) feeding into the roller. Placing it with the width of fabric feeding into the roller makes it stretch some & therefore the squares aren't really square. Just a tip for those who might be getting this die. I hope this is clear???
It sure does make cutting a lot of squares easier & quicker.
I totally agree with mloquilts(above note). I have the Go and would not waste my money on the babyGo. The only thing I would add to the above is the thickness of the fabric will determine how many to cut at a time. I seldom do more than 2 layers because I join them as a unit at the machine anyway. Also, the biggest aide is to IRON the pieces, especially if you are folding piece to make one long strip. Ironing reduces that bulk just enough to ease it through the rollers. PS: I have arthritic in my hands and the cutter is super. I have many dies.