Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Simply beside myself LOST QUILT!!!

What a beautiful quilt! I'm sure your mother will love it.

Thank goodness you found it!

The comment about no trash bags....my husband's hunting buddy put his hunting gear and $1500 binoculars for their hunting trip in a black trash bag and put it close to the front door so he could load it in our truck for their trip.

His wife put it at curbside for trash pickup that morning.
    The trash truck was early (rarely happens) and his hunting gear went to the landfill.

Those large zip lock see thru bags work well for transport.
    I usually whip up a bright colored cotton storage bag for my quilts....then I can find them.

I know you breathed a sigh of relief! No you can relax and enjoy your Mom's glee when she sees your beautifull quilt.

Beautiful! Wish my handquilting looked like that! I know your mom will love it.

I lost a quilt two Christmases ago and just know that I packed it away with my Christmas things. I have yet to find it. I keep praying that I will since then. I will had your quilt to my prayers. Best of luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by maggiesquilt
    I lost a quilt two Christmases ago and just know that I packed it away with my Christmas things. I have yet to find it. I keep praying that I will since then. I will had your quilt to my prayers. Best of luck!!
    Ouch! I have a similar story with a quilt top. It needed borders but I couldn't find anything that fit so I carefully put it away. That was a couple years ago and I've no clue where the darn thing went. :roll:

I know somebody whose serger, almost brand new, was thrown away. It was in the original box, though! Was on the way to another house (original owner decided she didn't want/need/like it), sitting in the back of her SUV. Her husband went to transfer station (think "dump") and the worker said, "Everything back here?" Driver said, "Yup." So the transfer station worker took everything out and threw it in the garbage!!! When the owner couldn't find it, they finally pieced together the steps and realized what must have happened.

I'm so happy for you. When I read the your orginal thread my heart sank. Then you found it!!!! YEAH!!!!
    Your quilt look great! Love the tabbies!

I was just having a hissy fit right along with your hissy fit when I read about your not being able to find the quilt. Things "going missing" is one of my pet peeves. (The older I get and the longer I live in this house, the more that seems to happen!) So, at the risk of sounding slightly unhinged, I am just thrilled that you found it. I love the quilt. It is gorgeous!

So glad you found your Quilt = Your Mother will be pleased. A very Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

You make me feel more normal. How is it that we do this to ourselves? I try to put everything away where it belongs, and not just put it "somewhere." But fabric is my challenge. I am out of storage space so put it in somewhhre to get it out of sight and then can't remember where it is. So glad you found the quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by gmcsewer
    You make me feel more normal. How is it that we do this to ourselves? I try to put everything away where it belongs, and not just put it "somewhere." But fabric is my challenge. I am out of storage space so put it in somewhhre to get it out of sight and then can't remember where it is. So glad you found the quilt.
    I seem to always put things in a "safe" place but then never can remember where the "safe" place is. Seems it safe even from me. :lol:

Blog Entries
    Thank God you noticed that Bike bag!!! Beautiful and amazing workmanship, great combo in fabrics. Your Mom is going to be so thrilled.

So glad you found it. It's beautiful!

So glad you found your Mom's quilt. The design is just beautiful and the cats are fantastic. Merry Christmas.

Did you check your car that you transported it in?

did you check the car you transported it in?

Blog Entries
    I am so glad you found it. My heart went through the floor when I saw that it was in a plastic garbage bag. My fear was that trash (and it) had been taken out, and the seagulls would be tearing apart all your hard work! When I read you had found it, I choked up, and tears came to my eyes. How wonderful that you found it - and especially before Christmas. Your Mom will love it, it is so beautiful! Could you attach a close up pic of the blocks? Is that print cats as well? Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by MsSewer
    did you check the car you transported it in?
    She found it sometime last week. It was in her motorcycle bag. ;)

so glad you found it

I so glad you found your quilt it is beautiful and so much work. I love the way you quilted it.
    Muriel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3