Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Simply Quilt Programs

Blog Entries
    Amen

Have you tried the Quilt Show.com? You have to pay to belong but the charge is not enormous and Alex Anderson is on this show with Ricky Timms. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine
    I very seldom watch HGTV anymore. Not interested in the type of programs they have now.
    I gave up watching HGTV as well. It's just not what it used to be. Lucky for me I planned ahead. I recorded on to VHS all the episodes I wanted to keep and refer back to often. I've done this with all the quilting shows: Simply Quilts, Sewing With Nancy, America Quilts Creatively, Quilt in a Day, etc. If they had a show on that I was interested in the quilt or technique I recorded it. I love re-watching them and referring to them any time I want to try something new.

We get Sewing with Nancy and the Martha Pullen show on Saturday AM every once in awhile. It isn't every week tho'. It's on NPT.
    I understand Fons and Porter comes on, too, every once in awhile.
    I have to constantly check the TV Guide if I want to watch them tho'. It's ridiculous. They should be on the same time everytime.
    Dodee

I did watch Alex Anderson, but didn't care for her - that fake laugh got to me.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
    Sounds like a case of age descrimination. Do we have a lawsuit here? LOL Actually, I guess it's their network and they can do as they darn well please. I seldom watch it anymore. I'm pretty sick of home improvement and buying the house of your dreams shows.
    Glad i am not the only one !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ppquilter
    Lucky me, i had to work when Simply Quilts was on the tellie so I taped ALOT if not most of the episodes on (GASP) VHS but i still have them and the machine to play them so every soooooooo often I get them out and view them. DH says I should convert them to DVD. Also taped Quilt in a Day and fons and Porter when I could. They are older but MINE! hehehehehe :D :D :D
    I did the same thing. When the DVD recorder/player came out in a VHS recorder/player combination, I bought one and them put my tapes on DVD. Took up a lot less room and easier to access. I even made a directory of what I had copied.

I thought that Alex Anderson left HGTV to start her own online quilting show with Ricky Timms. At least that is the way it was presented at the Paducha quilt show in 2008.

ali

Dee
    I never watch HGTV anymore at all. The programs now are so sickening. I miss all the sew and craft shows.

Most of their programs (HGTV) have become very boring and repetitious like. Home prices are ridiculous and neither can I figure out how all these young people can afford some of these homes. We do watch Holmes on Homes once in awhile as we can learn something; however, it seems like all that is just acting, too. Holmes appears to be very arrogant.
    I, too, wish they would go back to some crafts.
    Dodee

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    HGTV has a few of the programs to watch but not all of them. HGTV website is so confusing, it's hard to find the episodes that are online but they are there. Alex Anderson does not own the shows and I doubt HGTV will ever have them on DVD. It would be bad for their image. I heard from one of the producers that use to work for HGTV that any show that wasn't geared toward the younger modern audience was cancelled and that included all craft and needlework shows.
    Had the same problem with our local public TV. Parents wanted more children's programs so they dropped all sewing and craft programs. I cancelled my membership and do not contribute to any of their programs.

It's all about market segment...makes me wonder..is anyone listening? We, babyboomers, are a huge group that now has creative time on our hands....Duh, money spent on craft/sewing. Whew, I feel much better now.
    As for Simply Quilts, I liked the content, Alex' silly mode made me nuts, and wished she would let the guest have more time.

I don't have a tv at all so I get all my entertainment from computer. Plenty of quilty info here. But I used to enjoy the shows you have all mentioned. Craft and quilts. House Hunters was fun but now we make fun of it..."stainless steel appliances and crown molding" or no deal!

MTS
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AliKat
    I thought that Alex Anderson left HGTV to start her own online quilting show with Ricky Timms. At least that is the way it was presented at the Paducha quilt show in 2008.
    ali
    I think that's because AA is a professional and classy lady. But she has used the term "fired" every now and then. After that, she did team up with Ricky to launch an online venture.

The early shows were a bit forced as they both found their way - not so much the quilt content, but the whole "talk" show aspect. But they've settled into a pretty great routine, and are both really comfortable in this format.

I've been a member since the beginning - I almost felt I "owed" it to AA to support the new venture because I had learned so much from SQ. And I've really enjoyed TQS immensely.

But, really, buck for buck, it's the best deal out there in terms of getting to watch top teachers/artists, learning techniques, hearing about what's new in the quilt world, and all the other stuff they have on the site, all at 3AM (if you want) in your pajamas. What more could you ask for?

NAYY.

Jim
    I totally agree about HGTV...its no longer a quilters or gardners channel. They should change their name to Home garage renovation channel...no craft or gardening shows ..what a shame

I totally agree with all of you.....no creativity at all in their shows now. Either they are redecorating by painting everything cream or they are painting the ceiling purple, etc. They've lost a lot of us. Doesn't seem to be an issue, though. We lost the quilt shows, the creative crafting, the gardening segments, etc.
    If it weren't for my husband's interests in Fox News and the History channel, we would drop our satelite service...no cable where we live. It is ridiculous to pay for such drivel....

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the Simply quilts info. I bookmarked it to watch later.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4