Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Singer Featherweight

Singer Featherweight

I'm going to start searching for a good deal on a Featherweight. My grandmother had one from the 40's and my mother sold it in a garage sale when I was a child. Now I mourn the sale of that machine and wish I had it.
    Michelle

Blog Entries
    I'm looking for a FW for my friend. I saw a lot on EBay for good prices. A lot of good ones not over $200.

It is sad to remember items our family had and have no idea what happened to them or know they were sold for a few dollars. I remember a tv lamp that sit on my grandmother's big tv for as long as I could remember. When she got a new portable tv the lamp just disappeared. She said she thought it was put in a closet. I never did find the lamp. But I think my aunt took it and sold it in her yard sale that was the same weekend the new tv came. She would come over and take a lot of things to 'get rid of' from my grandmother's house. Makes me sad every time I think about it.
    Got fabric?

Featherweights are great little machines-I love them.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

I have 3 FW's and got all of them thru Craigslist. One came with the Singer card table and even has the insert with the same serial number as the table. I use all 3 of them, each one has a different color thread on it. My husband thinks I'm nuts but it makes me happy to see them lined up in a row.

I have 6 all purchased form Ebay.

I have a friend that's thinking about selling some of her FWs...I think she has about 7... I will contact her if you are really interested in purchasing one ...PM me with your addy and I'll send it on to her if you would like for me to.
    Those who are piecemakers will sew seeds.

Hugs,
    Drue