Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Singer Featherweight

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roselady
    A couple of you have mentioned using a new quarter inch foot on your featherwieghts. Can you give me more information on those. My machine has what I guess is the original foot and the throatplate doesn't have the markings to get 1/4 inch either. Thanks.
    I got my 1/4-inch quilting foot off ebay for about $12. There are quite a few vendors on the internet with the same foot for about the same price. Just Google Featherweight quilting foot and you should be able to find some. Good luck!

My featherweight quarter inch foot is plastic, I bought it on ebay, it didn't cost much. It works fine but I wish it was metal. I do all my piecing with my featherweight.

I use a stack of posty-notes for my 1/4". I measure out my scant 1/4" and stick my stack of posties there. This way I can butt my fabric up to the posties and always have a consistent stitch width.

I currently have two bids in on e-bay -one for a green/white and another for a black. I am trying to find one in great condition made in 1955 my birth year. I'll keep looking as I don't think I will get either of these. The bids are going wayyyy up there.

I just got one about 3 weeks ago. She was born in 1954. It is not in perfect shape but took right off when I used her for the 1st time. I am going to have a local quilt shop in Houghton Lake tune her up before I do too much. I am so happy with her. I named her Emma after mom mom who taught me to sew.

Quote Originally Posted by tweety
    How many of you own one of the old Singer Featherweights? And do you use them?
    I recently bought one, but I would like to have it cleaned and checked before using it.
    Linda/Mi
    Bought a Featherweight last month. She was 'born' in 1946 and is a beauty. Check out Youtube on servicing the feahterweight. It is quite simple. Why spend money on servicing when it could be spent on fabric?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjYlrJ-YLSA - 87k

I have had mine for a long time. It is great to take to classes, or to the quilt retreat we have once a year. It sews wonderfully.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4