Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Singer Quantum L-500 Machine >

Singer Quantum L-500 Machine

Singer Quantum L-500 Machine

Old 11-25-2011, 02:50 AM

I don't have to worry to eat up any cost of shipping if it had to be returned. It's a good warranty and company pays for return if that happens.

Like I said every company has a lemon now and again and reason there are lemon laws protecting consumer.

As far as Singer goes like I said I've never gotten a bad one. Previous one I purchased was several months ago which is the computerized featherweight and that machine is a good little workhorse.

Companies that stand behind there products will always have customers and Singer stands behind its products.

A good example of another company that stands behind it's protect is Keurig, coffee makers. I purchased my first one in late 2009 and they were out of stock and didn't get it until early 2010. Eight months later I had to call them because machine stopped functioning like it should. They replaced it at no cost to me because it still was under warranty. While waiting for it I purchased a cheaper priced one (Keurig) in a local store. Now I had two of them.

I put up the second one when the replacement came in. Well about seven months later I had problems again with the replacement they sent. They went and replaced that one with no problems. Now I have a 3rd replacement, same model, but an upgrade from previous two and works much better. What happened was they had a batch of a particular model that had some sort of heating problem and would go out a few months after being used. Yes they lost money I'm sure replacing these but the point is they made good on it because of there warranty and customer service.

Singer is very much like that. If you have a problem they will fix it. And key is no matter what retailer you choose to do business with that is an authorized dealer IF YOU TAKE THE TIME TO CHECK THEM OUT as to what they will do for you if something does go wrong you won't have a problem getting a replacement.

Singer authorized dealers just like any other sewing machine authorized dealer unfortunately are not all honest and do not follow through with even the company they represent guarantee's and hence the reason customers who end up choosing a deadbeat authorized dealer get the sham.

We should not buy a machine from any authorized dealer unless we have checked out there references by asking them for some. If they won't or can't provide references than we should not do business with them.

We have to use common sense when we decide to make purchases. First off is the brand you are considering reputable in following through with there warranties if something goes wrong. Is the authorized retailer reputable in following through with his companies warranties and guarantees. If one or the other or both are not reputable than we should not do business with them.

It is hoped for instance that one would not get just any real estate agent to help them buy or sell there home. They first would check out the reputation of that sales agent and the company he/she represents. If both have a good reputation than of course one would choose them and if one or both are not reputable than we wouldn't.

Same goes in choosing a bank to do business with. We would not put our money in a bank that we first did not check out how reputable the employees, owners of that bank is now would we? Of course we would not.

Same goes for sewing/quilting machines. No matter what brand we decide on we would not it is hoped do business with an authorized dealer and the company it represents if they didn't follow through with their warranties and guarantees.

Lets just all agree to disagree with any brand we may not care for or like simply because there is room for all types of customers to sell to who want a Janome, Singer, Brother, Elna, etc.

To summarize when deciding to buy a product 1) find out what it is you want the product to do; 2) once you do check out the brand name company and it's reputation; 3) check out the authorized dealer; 4) check out warranties and guarantees. If satisfied do business with them and if something goes wrong contact them and they will take care of it if they are reputable.

If we do all of that get reputable brands an reputable authorized dealers we will never be dissatisfied if they take care of there customers.

I am not at all concerned about the product I just purchased. If I should get a "lemon", oh well, no bid deal. I'll just contact the authorized retailer and work with them to get it replaced. We have laws as consumers in this country that protects us against companies and authorized dealers that don't follow through. There is also the Better Business Bureau and the court system if they don't follow through on there warranties and guarantees.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:49 AM

I have had great luck with my Singers. I have a Brother and prefer my Singer! I guess its a personal choice, and whatever works best for you personally. I got my early Christmas present, a Singer embroidery machine, and I love it!
Old 11-26-2011, 05:38 AM

I already have a Singer embroidery machine, the Futura SES 2000 All-In-One, which I purchased on HSN back in
2009. Love, love, love it. It sews, cross-stitches, auto-punch, photo-stitch, embroiders and supposedly serger feature as well although I have not used that feature. I don't sew on it much either simply because you can't use the start/stop button but a foot pedal for sewing. Anyway I mainly had selected it to do all the other stuff such as embroidery, photo-stitching and such.

I've been eyeing the Singer Professional 5 Serger for several months now and probably will end up getting that in a few months. Been waiting for price to come down on it and although it has quite a bit I'm still looking to save even more dollars. I did research on this one as well and compared it with other Sergers and it seems to be the fit for me. I also want to make sure that I just can't live without it before I buy it.