Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
This site is dangerous.... >

This site is dangerous....

This site is dangerous....

Old 02-27-2011, 06:43 PM
Power Poster

I learned about a whole lot a pattern I wanted to try and the tools to do them. Any questions have been answered so fast.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:45 PM

I have learned so much. How to square up so everything fits as it should. Not to really iron my material as it will stretch. Pressing and sewing is easier if you use a lite spray startch. Make sure my seams are 1/4 inch unless the patters says otherwise. And, most of all not to give up because I have friends on this post that will help me solve all my quilting problems and feed my addiction at the same time. And the list goes on forever....
Old 02-27-2011, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by magnolia
I am also a college student. This site is very addicting. I haven't been on much lately because I have had way too much homework and projects to work on. But, I try to come when I can. I tend to go in spurts.
I procrastinate/spend wayyy too much time on the computer.
This site doesn't help in either of these areas.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Lol, I spend way to much time here!
So do I! It is addicting-so much great stuff, ideas, and wonderful people! I am finding it hard to get down to my sewing room. Maybe I should turn on the laptop down there, but fear I would still not get much done because I just have to see/hear what everyone is up to. I did finish taxes today so now I don't feel so guilty spending time with all of you! :)
Old 02-27-2011, 07:12 PM
Cyn

Originally Posted by GagaSmith
I have picked up many good tips but what i get most from this forum is inspiration and ideas. Not enough hours in the day to do all the neat things i want to try.
Ditto!
Old 02-27-2011, 07:15 PM

Hi and welcome from Alaska.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:01 PM

I can't remember how I found this site, but am so glad that I did. I have also learned so many different things, patterns, tips, etc. The funniest thing happened when I passed this site to my sister and a gal I met at the fabric store. Both of them joined the site within 24 hours, and the gal from the fabric store, emailed me to say thanks, or maybe not. She was amazed at all the good info out here, and said that she spent too much time out here also. I love it all.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:12 PM

Dangerous? You're not kidding. I spend way too much time on here sometimes, reading all the posts and gaining information and inspiration. And then yesterday I happened across something called a FabShopHop. heeheehee Sometimes I think I must have an obsessive personality. After reading about what it was, a chance to win prizes just by visiting the different quilting related sites that were listed (157 online stores) and searching for a picture of a bunny and clicking on it, and registering on each for additional prizes. I was off and running. The February shop hop was ending on the 28th (tomorrow) and it was already 11pm on the 26th. So what do I do but grab my notebook and pen, making a list as I go of the sites I visited and a checkmark when I located the bunny and a note if I signed up for a newsletter or mailing list to qualify for prizes. .....some 7 hours later (around 6am the next morning - told you I might be obsessive, lol) I had found all 157 bunnies and a set of 19 cupcake patterns for foundation piecing which are saved to my computer. I knew my time was limited and decided not to stop until I had finished. It was fun and now in a few days the next one starts for March. Who knows, maybe I'll win something. Can't win if you don't try, you know? And now I have a BUNCH of shops to choose from if I'm looking for a special fabric or a great sale. I still can't believe I sat here on this computer for 7 hours looking for bunnies....
Old 02-27-2011, 08:56 PM

I agree. I have found a few ideas on here already and have already made one. Looking for my next small and quick project to make.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by peggymunday
Dangerous? You're not kidding. I spend way too much time on here sometimes, reading all the posts and gaining information and inspiration. And then yesterday I happened across something called a FabShopHop. heeheehee Sometimes I think I must have an obsessive personality. After reading about what it was, a chance to win prizes just by visiting the different quilting related sites that were listed (157 online stores) and searching for a picture of a bunny and clicking on it, and registering on each for additional prizes. I was off and running. The February shop hop was ending on the 28th (tomorrow) and it was already 11pm on the 26th. So what do I do but grab my notebook and pen, making a list as I go of the sites I visited and a checkmark when I located the bunny and a note if I signed up for a newsletter or mailing list to qualify for prizes. .....some 7 hours later (around 6am the next morning - told you I might be obsessive, lol) I had found all 157 bunnies and a set of 19 cupcake patterns for foundation piecing which are saved to my computer. I knew my time was limited and decided not to stop until I had finished. It was fun and now in a few days the next one starts for March. Who knows, maybe I'll win something. Can't win if you don't try, you know? And now I have a BUNCH of shops to choose from if I'm looking for a special fabric or a great sale. I still can't believe I sat here on this computer for 7 hours looking for bunnies....
LOL I did this the other night as well. Although I could not find all 157 bunnies I did find over a 140. I am looking forward to looking for Marchs. Hopefully I will have more luck finding all of them