Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
slidelock ruler question >

slidelock ruler question

slidelock ruler question

Old 01-22-2014, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by feffertim View Post
thanks everyone for your opinion. I have decided to order the lighted one. Excited to get it
feffertim (and others) please let us know how you like it. Please keep the replies coming as I'm still on the fence wondering if I should just get some of those true grips circular stick on pads to help me keep my 24" ruler straight. I think I'd use a 24" ruler a lot more if I could just keep it straight. Plus the idea of such a thick acrylic ruler, sounds like I wouldn't have to worry that I'd break it.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:57 PM

I ordered one from Nancy's Notions and got it today. Just used a little bit, but think I am going to love it. Prompt service from Nancy's notions, too.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by JenF View Post
feffertim (and others) please let us know how you like it. Please keep the replies coming as I'm still on the fence wondering if I should just get some of those true grips circular stick on pads to help me keep my 24" ruler straight. I think I'd use a 24" ruler a lot more if I could just keep it straight. Plus the idea of such a thick acrylic ruler, sounds like I wouldn't have to worry that I'd break it.
Jenf, I just posted an update recently and there are many many replies saying how much they love this ruler, as do I. http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...t-t239186.html Check out this post.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:54 PM

I have a question, is it any cheaper in a group buy?
Old 01-24-2014, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by feffertim View Post
Jenf, I just posted an update recently and there are many many replies saying how much they love this ruler, as do I. http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...t-t239186.html Check out this post.
Feffertim, when Fayberry responded so quickly, and I already had it in my NN online basket, plus no tax and a free ship coupon, I took the plunge and ordered. Thanks for the other thread link because although I searched on slidelock here, I somehow missed that thread. I too wait with anticipation and plan to repost after I get mine. I'm excited and hopeful about many things about it besides the fact that I'm dreaming of accurately cut strips from one end to the next and the speed and confidence in cutting I hope to gain.

Here are the additional hopes I have for the 24" yellow version I just ordered: 1) safety (I'm sure it can happen easier than one would think, and I know I wouldn't take the time to put on special gloves). 2) the thickness. I'm predicting that it will be thick enough that if I put it down in an odd way, say lean it against the wall, it will have enough strength that I won't even think about it breaking. Also that it won't sliver on the edges, like my all time favorite "use for everything" "Guidelines for Quilters rulers" set are doing (I love them and they are 12" long so I still plan to use them for shorter cuts). and 3) the process of keeping it always at my left sounds so darn sensible (in my case since I'm a strong right hander) so I'll measure and cut with my right, which is how I think, from left to right. It should solve a pet peeve I have: you see I always cut that first sliver off with my ruler at the left and then have to flip everything around so I could continue; so I have to carefully line the fabric up all over again, so annoying, lol!

Please confirm if I'm on the right track with all these hopes?
Old 01-24-2014, 08:10 AM

Can anyone possible help me with a free shipping code for Nancy's notions. Thanks!!
Old 01-24-2014, 03:22 PM

I got rid of my catalog already, but you should google Nancy's Notions coupon or Nancy's Notions free ship and you'll probably find one.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:28 PM

We were just discussing this exact same thing under the heading of "best invention yet"!!! I also ordered one and am waiting for it to arrive!
Old 01-25-2014, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy View Post
I have the shorter Slidelock ruler and love it. I'll have to check out those new ones with lights---I didn't know about that. Although I have a rotary cutter with a built in battery operated led light, and it's great, too!
It isn't exactly lighted - not like a battery operated light would be. It is made with this color that does make it easy to see. I LOVE LOVE my slidelocs. I have both sizes and they are the lighted ones - this I like also. It's worth the extra $.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Ladibug View Post
I have a question, is it any cheaper in a group buy?
I don't know what NN charges, but the group buy saved us some money.