Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: So disappointed

Blog Entries

So disappointed

I was on the Internet at 0803...prepared to register for Road to California quilt classes. The ones at the end of the week,when the show is on,we're already sold out! Bummer!
    Life may not be the party we planned for,but while we are here we should dance!

So sorry!!!!!!!!!

Power Poster
    It is like hot concert ticket I guess, someone on the inside always seems to get there first.

Yeah you have to get on immediately learned that the hard way my first year with road
    Brother (XL-3500i, CV3550, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D), Juki MO-2000QVP, Handiquilter Avante

Blog Entries
    The Pacific International Quilt Festival is closer in Santa Clara CA this October, have you checked it out?
    Quote Originally Posted by francie yuhas View Post
    I was on the Internet at 0803...prepared to register for Road to California quilt classes. The ones at the end of the week,when the show is on,we're already sold out! Bummer!
    Murphy1
    For our wonderful Golden Retriever adopted in March of 2010.

That is disappointing! Do they offer a lot of classes? I really like going to Houston as thy have over 350 classes to choose from. Been there 3 times and may go back again next year. So much to see and do at those shows.

They will probably have another one if this one was so popular

Blog Entries
    Houston has sampler type classes where you get to see a whole room full of instructors and ideas for several hours. These are great if you can't get what you want. They are usually at the end of the week as well. You spend as much time as you want with each person and see not only new ideas but ways to use your old ones. I wouldn't give up going to a big quilt show just because I can't get in the classes. There are so many other worthwhile things.

At the Houston show, they always post a list of classes that still have room and there is a bulletin board where people who got in a class and now can't take it are willing to trade or sell their registration. You might check when you get there.

Power Poster
    So sorry you missed it...

A member of my guild had the same experience. She has been going for 12 years and this potentially was the first time she was not able to get into the class. I didn't realize you had to be on the site within minutes of the time they open for registration to get a class.
    Lisa

Blog Entries
    My friend got the class she wanted. She had the page loaded up, filled out, ready to click submit or whatever exactly at the opening time. I imagine that's how most do it to get the class spots so fast.
    Got fabric?

It is always disappointing when you have your heart set on something, and even decided to spend the money and then the class is sold out. So sorry.
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

So sorry you couldn't get into classes you want, but isn't it exciting that quilting is that popular today?

Blog Entries
    UPDATE: I checked again today...and got into 2 classes! My BFF had the same experience! I find it hard to believe they had cancellations already...maybe a computer glitch? Thanks for your support. francie
    Life may not be the party we planned for,but while we are here we should dance!

Put your name on a waiting list.
    They may have some cancellations
    as the year wears on.
    Creativity is the essence of the soul
    Sandi

Blog Entries
    This reminds me of time I tried to get permits to hike Half Dome. I had heard they go pretty quick so I had my computer at the site as soon as they became available. I hit the day and the number of permits I wanted, clicked enter and, when everything was refreshed all the permits were gone! They had 300 available for each day. Our whole vacation had been planned around that date.

I did a little more research and found a board where people were selling them for the face value (1.50) and was able to get 4 permits for a day that was close enough to ours - so it worked out after all. Crazy! Okay I've digressed.....now back to your regular topic.....

Blog Entries
    happy this worked out for you.