Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So exciting~ >

So exciting~

So exciting~

Old 05-18-2012, 05:36 PM

Our Wallyworld is a 24 hour superstore with a huge fabric department. Has anyone ever had the pleasure of teaching someone how to cut fabric? Try fabric shopping at 3 am...you have to train the staff in scissor use. Half the time, they can't figure out how to measure yardage (let alone cut it!) and the ruler is stuck down on the table! Yup, sometimes I get bored and go shopping in the middle of the night. [I need a life.] :-) Try it sometime, it's good for a laugh. Plus side...no lines at the check-out (or cutting table IF you can scare up a clerk who can't cut or measure)...
Old 05-27-2012, 10:00 AM

If there is no one to cut the fabric, I ring the bell. If no one comes, I pick up their InterCom phone and say, "Help is needed in fabrics. Help is needed in fabrics." Within 1-2 minutes a worker will be hurrying to help.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Learner747 View Post
If there is no one to cut the fabric, I ring the bell. If no one comes, I pick up their InterCom phone and say, "Help is needed in fabrics. Help is needed in fabrics." Within 1-2 minutes a worker will be hurrying to help.
I think ILoveToQuilt was talking about the person who is there to cut doesn't know how to do it. It isn't a requirment there to have knowlege on cutting to be able to do it. My daughter and I went the other day and they are slowly getting more stuff in; they never stopped all the way. Some of the fabric is nice. My daughter got some fabric and the girl actually hung the fabric over the edge of the table to make sure we got a full cut, we probably got about a yard and 1/8th. Then she wanted to buy some of the fabric that was gathered at the top where all you have to do (well that would be me) is sew the side seam and have a dress. We measured out how much we needed and it was a few inches from the yrd mark and the girl was trying very hard to talk us into getting a yard. I told my daughter to go ahead. When we walked away I told her it was obvious that the girl didn't know how to figure out how to charge her for what she would have gotten to start off with. But it was a great price; the dress cost her a total of $4. They don't have too many trained staff in that department especially late at night.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Caswews View Post
Our one walmart (Yes we have 2-one at one end and the other at the other end of the city!) really has geared up in the fabric department. WOHOOOOOOOOOOOO is all I have to say !!
That sounds like where I live; we have two but only one has a fabric department and it never went away. Actually you could say we have 3 Walmarts because we also have a groceries only Walmarts.