Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So how many quilts are you working on? >

So how many quilts are you working on?

So how many quilts are you working on?

Old 02-03-2012, 05:53 AM

Do you mean actually working on physically or working on in my mind? I am physically working on 3 but in my mind I'm "working on about a dozen and also some table runners, table toppers and Christmas gifts. Whew, I'm tired.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:11 AM

If I count all those UFO's I've purchased unfinished, I have 8 of them. And a list of 6 more quilts to make before I am done with intended quilts - then it will finally get to be for fun! Just do the ones I've always wanted to do - including a hand embroidered quilt top of the parasol girls, and a crazy quilt done with velvets, velveteens, or satiny type fabrics like in years gone by - with the embellishments and fancy stitches around each piece set into the block.. lotsa plans -
Old 02-03-2012, 06:12 AM
Power Poster

I have more trouble starting than finishing, so I only have 2, and one of them will go on the longarm today, so I'll soon be down to 1.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:25 AM

wow... I only have 3 going. A hand stitched cathedral window, a flannel fray quilt and a star quilt.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:30 AM

I guess I am with the minority . I only make one at a time. That's not to say I don't have fabric for many. For me , it is conditioning from childhood. Mom would never allow any of us the start a new project until we finished the current. I can still hear her saying "Did you finish....?". I also don't like the mess of more than one, it just begs for me to loose some part of the project.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:52 AM

Too many to count between UFOs, kits I've bought and ones I want to make. I will say, however, I've finished one UFO this year and will be layering a second this weekend. It's crib/small lap-sized, so won't take long to quilt. My big hang-up is getting the binding done. It's really difficult with my RA.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:03 AM

Uhhhh, I'm not sure. I'm working on three square in a square twin size quilts right now and there are 3 quilts waiting to be basted and quilted. But there are others. I have several other quilts that are ready to be basted and quilted but they don't have homes to go to so they'll continue to wait. Plus there are two BOM that are in progress. There's also a shop hop quilt that I haven't even started yet that my BFF is going to get so as soon as I get the square in a square twin size quilts done I'll probably get it started.

This is my year to finish up old projects that have been hanging around way too long!!
Old 02-03-2012, 09:37 AM

Only 5 for me! One is halfway quilted, one top that needs borders to complete the top, one queen size in the process of sewing rows together, and two BOMs waiting for the blocks to be finished. I'm hoping to finish at least one of these soon...LOL!
Old 02-03-2012, 10:05 AM

1 watercolor on-point roman shade
1 garden theme wallhanging
1 civil war (with 5 more waiting to be started)
1 irish chain with lily of the valley trapunto
2 pinwheel tabletoppers (these will be finished over the weekend)
Old 02-03-2012, 10:11 AM

Too many -- 1 large quilt for DS, 1 Christmas Tree, multiple table runners, 6-8 unfinished pillowcases 4 fleece blankets,...... and this does not count the blocks that are finished and laying around. As I said, too many.