Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So how many quilts are you working on? >

So how many quilts are you working on?

So how many quilts are you working on?

Old 02-03-2012, 10:31 AM

I have 5 with all fabric ready to cut, 1 ready to quilt, 2 applique in progress, 2 cut ready to piece plus a table topper and a baby quilt. I am having a hard time sitting at the machine lately. My favorite part of quilting is shopping for the fabric - pattern in hand and go pickin. Yesterday I was at one of my favorite quilt shops, signed up for a beginners quilt class. You can buy your fabric there or bring your own. Most of the prices are $14.95 - $21.95 per yard. So, of course I choose to use some of my stash which is all quilt shop fabric, but from a couple of years ago. I'm so excited to start that class, it is 8 hours on a Sat.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:19 AM

Wow, multi-tasking is no longer my strong suit, so only 1 at a time for me. I had to do 2 once and it made me crazy, never again! I start, finish, clean up, and start again. Like Lori S., my mom always taught us to finish what we start : )
Old 02-03-2012, 11:25 AM

Just three
Old 02-03-2012, 11:47 AM

I always keep one in the cutting stage, one in the piecing stage, one in the quilting stage, and one in the binding stage. Right now since I'm doing a mystery quilt I have two in the piecing stage. And I am a little behind in my binding so I have two waiting for the binding to be stitched down by hand. That's 6 that I am working on currently; then I have three that are completely cut out waiting for me to start piecing. Then there are four all pieced waiting for me to start quilting them - so I guess I could say I have 13 that I'm working on; but please, don't make me count the bags with fabric and patterns stored together waiting their turn at cutting.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:30 PM

Me oh my this is like going to confession. My oldest is a sampler quilt I started when I took my first quilting class. Hmmmm about 13 years ago. And I guess about 4 others in various stages. Two quilting friends and I are going to start meeting every week to work on our UFO"S . I have new energy now ,since I made a quilt for each of my 6 grandkids. I started in May I think and was done in time for Christmas.Have been looking at everyones pics of quilts and feeling like I need to get moving a little faster. Still new to all your lingo....whats a BOM? lol
Old 02-03-2012, 12:45 PM

Well that is hard. Do I have to include UFO? Some I have not touched in years! Then there is the quilt tops to be quilted. Then there is the current one that is on the pressing table, oh and I could possibly do a sample square of one possible two more tomorrow.

I've lost count!
Old 02-03-2012, 12:50 PM

If I'd answered this yesterday, I would have said, "One", but I started #2 last night. I have another top for when I finish one of these.... I purchase my tops, so I'm forced by poverty to not have many going at once. (And the only reason I have 2 going now is because one is by hand and the other by machine!)
Old 02-03-2012, 12:51 PM

Thank God I'm not the only one working on too many projects at one time. I have 8 going now. Two are BOM's from this site from 2011 and now I have started more BOM's for 2012. I like changes and eventually all will get done. What year I don't know!!
Old 02-03-2012, 01:15 PM

One that just neds to be bound, three tops that need quilting, one that all the blocks are made and border fabric purchased, three that all the cutting is done, five that some of the cutting is done, and two that have a pattern picked and fabrics purchased. Wow. We have 15.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:23 PM

Well, I found 10 UFOs in varying stages when I cleaned up my sewing room last week. And that didn't count the 2 I was actively working on (but I finished those 2 this week). Now they're all together in a laundry basket so I can find them to work on next time I get bored. Honestly, I think they must be breeding in there. I'm sure I wouldn't have that many unfinished projects.