Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So how many quilts are you working on? >

So how many quilts are you working on?

So how many quilts are you working on?

Old 02-03-2012, 06:27 PM
cjr

Between 6-8 queen/ king size, not counting BOM. Besides these I work on smaller projects in between. I've committed myself to finishing up 6 before June. All of our kids will be here and I want them all to go home with a quilt. I know I will be starting 2 or 3 in various groups I belong to. I do my own quilting on my mother's Singer 301 from the late 50s. It still sews beautifully. I piece on my 778 that is 26 yrs old or one of my portables. I need lots going on to get things done.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:28 PM

I feel so much better now. As I have said earlier, I am in Indy staying with my dad to give brother a break. However, brother made the comment the other day that the sewing room (dad's closed in front porch) looked like the projects had mulitiplied. I came at Christmas and started sewing out there about the first of the year. (Bro had to locate me a table). So counting projects I brought with me to finish 2 BOM from 2005 that my aunt and I started together...then she had the nerve to move from VA to Louisiana. She talked me into finishing both tops. Appliqueing(?sp) black shadow figures now by machine. One doll pouch /pocket wall hanging for my great niece with only 6 pockets, finished. One play car mat panel that I had to machine quilt and bind for great nephews birthday, finished. One quilt as you go to finish putting together for a church family that had to move away due to jobs. Each member or family contributed a block or two and a friend and I organized and put in strips; now I get to quilt rows then put together. Have practiced but we will see and 2 or three practice hand quilting projects. I took that class last year after leaving here. Oh and some doll clothes for great niece that my sister left me to do when she was here,,,nice siblings. But we can not count what I left in Virginia or I would really look bad. hehehe Seriously this board site has helped me not be homesick as much. So thanks to all of you. Terersa
Old 02-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Banned

in various stages including 2 BOM, I have 9!
Old 02-03-2012, 07:48 PM

17!!! I have to keep a list, or I might forget them! I break down the list with BINDING, BACKING, QUILTING, PIECING.....
Old 02-03-2012, 07:52 PM

I'm finishing sewing the binding on by hand this evening, have one ready for the binding to be sewn on by hand, one cut out and ready to piece, about half of the squares for tesselating star quilt, and 2 applique quilts started. I am determined not to start anything else until this are done --Please don't ask me about this after I attend the Las Cruces NM quilt show this week end. I will be strong ------------------
Old 02-03-2012, 07:54 PM

I'm a mainly garment sewer masquerading as a newbie quilter. I'm working on blocks to send in for a memorial quilt, and I'm working on a sampler quilt wall hanging for my sewing room. I also started a quilted wall hanging for my kitchen, but my DH hated the first blocks, so I tore those apart and am rethinking. So....three? Sort of?
Old 02-03-2012, 09:44 PM

Happyquiltmom, you must be my long lost sister!!!! I, too, make a list so I can mark them off as they are finished (binding included). There are 57 on my list right now -- these have all been cut out and at least some sewing done on them. I am actively working on 7 right now; my LAQ has 3; I have 5 to bind; 1 charity quilt I'm trying to machine quilt. I think I'm the ADD queen
Old 02-03-2012, 09:52 PM

BOM = Block of the Month
Old 02-03-2012, 10:03 PM

I am working on 3.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:06 PM

Let's see... two ready for binding; one quilting half done FMQ that the 8 1/2 yr. old DGD designed and pieced for her oldest sister; a Northern Pines waiting at the LQS for me to settle down and finish quilting so it can be hung for a bit there; queen size Split Rail Surprise that needs borders and quilted; wall hanging for the door that needs quilted; one that the binding is half done on; Getting ready to start a Cassablanca quilt using the Deco Delights; Happy Trails needs revisited; plus a few ideas bouncing in my head with Kimono Dolls and Chinese dragons along with Light Houses coming up in sketches. And now I need to refurb the wardrobe too.