Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So how many quilts are you working on? >

So how many quilts are you working on?

So how many quilts are you working on?

Old 02-04-2012, 07:40 AM

3 I think. A challenge quilt and two quilt tops started at an in-house retreat in September. This year I have decided to work mostly on BOM's to improve my piecing skills before I create any more UFO's. Of course, at some point I will have enough BOM's to create several UFO's, so I guess that is a Catch-22.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:48 AM

Let me count them: my niece's QAYG that I've found difficult but is in the last stages, my aunt's wedding quilt that is sandwiched and ready to FMQ on my machine, 4 block exchanges that could turn into 3-6 quilts (chicken, farm, and 2 boomerangs), two vintage tops I bought at antique stores that need to be sandwiched (including a lone star beauty!), a baby blanket due next month, a kaleidescope top that I did some cuts for to try out the technique but didn't finish cutting and didn't start piecing (does that count?). So 9? I like to work on what I want to - each part takes a special mind set for me.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:10 AM

I have at least 6 in construction, 4 to be quilted, and at least 3 others are still not started (BOMs and ShopHop).
Old 02-04-2012, 08:26 AM
Power Poster

Do I really have to count them-??
Old 02-04-2012, 08:36 AM

I'm a novice, I have three going. One for my DGD, a memory quilt for my Brother, and some hot mitts for gifts. I just got the fabric for my queen size Dresden Plate quilt for me. That should be it for awhile.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Power Poster

Well now, let's see, there is the Craftsy BOM that I just started, plus 2 other BOM from 2 different years that I haven't even started,just have the fabric ready to go, plus a kitten fabric quilt kit and several applique wall hangings from a quilt shop that is no longer in business. I have several baby quilts - one for my DS second great-granddaughter, at least Mary Ann knew her first great granddaughter before she passed away. We were going to make her a twin-size quilt, which I finally finished, very emotional time, and I thought I would use some of that fabric for a second lap quilt for her second great-granddaughter, but Lindey is approaching 2, so I had better get going, just need to sandwich it and get it quilted. A girl quilt for a dear friend, a cowboy quilt or zoo animal quilt, one of which will go to a great nephew, plus so many UFO's I've lost count. Plus my DDIL asked for a quilt for their queen-size bed and my son asked for a twin-size bed for my darling GD, and I've also started an I-spy quilt for her too. Other than that, not many UFO's - oh, I forgot a bow-tucks quilt in there too. Now I'm getting buried in UFO's and I've lost count. Maybe I'm going for the gold in UFO's.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:49 AM

20 right now, and many more planned, but puting the binding on 4 today, will try to finish as many as I can before we move. So really have to get going!! LOL
Old 02-04-2012, 08:50 AM

Right now, only 3, but 2 have been quilted are awaiting binding, the third one is a queen that I want to have complete by week's end. Wish me luck!
Old 02-04-2012, 08:54 AM

OH My, I'm working on just 2! if I did more than that I would get mixed up and then It would really Be a Scrappy! LOL
Old 02-04-2012, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Borntohandquilt View Post
Am I the black sheep here? I only have one...

A few years ago I decided to be very disciplined and to finish one quilt before I start the next. But you can be sure, there are at least 5 or 6 already planned in my mind!
This is me too. I don't like to have too many things going on at once. I end up getting distracted from one or two and they end up being UFO's. Right now I am getting ready to hang my first bargello quilt on the long arm so I can quilt it. I have some jelly rolls I am going to play with next to restock my charity quilt stash. I have several in my mind as well.