Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
so, show us what quilting goody santa brought you! >

so, show us what quilting goody santa brought you!

so, show us what quilting goody santa brought you!

Old 12-26-2011, 05:58 AM

DH out did himself and got me a new sewing machine by Viking. It's beautiful. Also a gift certificate to my LQS. My daughter's boyfriend noticed that I've been spending a lot of time sewing and got me The Sewing Bible, so sweet he's a good catch for her! I teach yoga and many of my students baked things for me or gave me chocolates. Sitting at my new sewing machine eating cookies and chocolates should be good for a new jean size by spring :-)
Old 12-26-2011, 06:03 AM

You are all very lucky. I didn't get any quilting or crafting goodies, but Hubby and I decided to put new flooring in our entry and hallway about 2 weeks ago and that was our gift to each other as it really needed to be done. There's always next year!!
Old 12-26-2011, 06:08 AM

I got a 12x12 rotating cutting mat! Will really come in handy for the mystery block quilt I've been working on - it has lots of little flying geese - :0! Oh and a gift card from Js -
Old 12-26-2011, 06:21 AM

I got some handmade fabric. My daughter brought it back from her trip to Cambodia. It is beautiful.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I got a new grandson born Dec 24!!!
I got lights!!! one little LED light with a goose neck for looking inside sewing machines, one clamp on the table electric LED light and a battery powered LED light that clamps or sits on the table - I was complaining about how bad my lighting was I guess.
Congratulations on the new little one. They are what keeps me going when life beets me down. I found out on Christmas that I will have one (or two) new grandchildren in 2012. That was a very good present. I love grandkids; if I could have skipped the kids and went straight for the grandkids I would have in a heartbeat. I love them all and with 5 kids and 10 plus more on the way grandkids, life just keeps getting better all the time. I'm very happy for you.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:26 AM

Dh went all out this year. He visited 3 quilt shops. He wanted to find some new ones for me. He found two closer than the one I usually go to. He got me some things and gc's from them and then went to the QS I usually go to and also got somethings and a gc from there.

The topper was that my ds's also got me a gc to my favorite QS.

There were some other things but these were the ones that touched me the most. It shows that they really appreciated what I do.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:43 AM

A gift certificate for Joanns and the book Serger Sewing Basics. Someone recommended the book. It's great for a beginner serger. It shows you all the basics and has projects telling you settings to use and how to use the serger. Also got my sewing table but that was an early present since I've been using it a month.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I got a lot of quilty gifts. The new Go dies, a portable sewing table, jelly rolls, layer cakes, several new quilt books with specialty rulers and my stocking was filled with thread and decorative buttons. I signed up for a BOM for 2012 from Homestead Hearth. My DGD gave me a set of watercolor pencils for fabric painting and lots of zebra print yarn so I could crochet an afghan for her. LOL.
Wow! BB, your relatives and friends were really paying attention! I know you'll have a happy new year.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:23 AM

From my grown children I got a new rolling 6 wheel swivel multi position desk chair for my sewing machine, wow, in red too!!! And heavy duty desk square carpet pads to make easy sliding from the machine to the cutting area, to the iron area. I am like the grandfather in the movie "The Witness" who rolled from the kitchen table to the stove to the sink while sitting in his wheeled desk chair. Efficient operation!!! And a quilting magazine that I admired while in the bookstore from my husband!!!
Old 12-26-2011, 07:24 AM

I got a nice selection of different colored wool felt, some bobbins for my 401a, a darling pair of embroidery scissors, a book on Fabric Covered Boxes, a 22 rifle, a box of 500 bullets, targets so I could learn to shoot it and a cleaning kit for it(I'd mentioned that I was nervous being way out here by myself two nights a week when DH has to volunteer at the hospital.)