Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
so, show us what quilting goody santa brought you! >

so, show us what quilting goody santa brought you!

so, show us what quilting goody santa brought you!

Old 12-26-2011, 09:40 AM

I was given two "very nice" gift certificates to a quilt store about 35 miles from my home, but have to wait until I get the time to be able to really shop for bargains and fabric that I may want!!!
Old 12-26-2011, 09:45 AM

DH surprised me with an AccuCut Go! I'd only glanced at these in the past and never really considered one but he thought it would save me so much cutting time. What a gem! He's done more research about it than I have and found it for nearly half price on Black Friday. I'm looking forward to pulling it out of the box today and checking it out. He also bought me an Ott Lite, something else I'd only glanced at in passing. He's so amazing at surprising me with things I'd never buy for myself . . . I tend to be more frugal and practical when it comes to that kind of thing. Love him dearly for who he is!
Old 12-26-2011, 10:30 AM

I got two bottles of Best Press from DD who has just graduated as a nurse and knows what is a great gift for her mom.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:38 AM

I'm going to a class in February as a gift from DH. Also, DH's mother bought us a new French Door refrigerator for BD/Xmas presents (we are both Dec babies).
Old 12-26-2011, 10:44 AM

Hubby decided the week before Christmas that we should forgo giving gifts to each other & get a new computer, which we are shopping around for. But I did treat myself to two mag subscriptions that offered a second subscription to a friend, so I gifted one to a dear friend & one to a niece in law. Plus I'll be shopping around the sales for some fabrics to work on a special quilt for my cousin's daughter getting married in May. Oh, and I bought the book "Quilting for Peace" by Katherine Bell which I found at Tuesday Morning. Our best Christmas present we got in November when we gave our 3 year old grandson an IPad2 so he could use the communication app; he has a speech disorder and was non speaking. He is now able to tell us he wants a drink or something to eat. The first night he had it, he asked his mom for a hug goodnight-- the first time ever! He is now starting to mimic parts of a video that has his name in int! My cup overloweth!!
Old 12-26-2011, 10:50 AM

DH got me a bunch of quilting and knitting books and a complete set of Leaves Galore rotary cutter templates and a dress form. Now I have to make a quilted jacket with leaf appliques, right? He is so generous.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:50 AM

I had helped my DD and DSIL move a day or two ago...she had told me she had an older machine "out there somewhere" and asked me if I wanted it when she found it. Well, OF COURSE! This IS the home for abandoned old things, etc. So imagine my surprise when we finally unearthed a 1910 Singer Phoenix in a treadle that's in near perfect condition...the machine head needs some refinishing but she's gorgeous! She's my third shuttle machine and I have to find a shuttle for her but that should be easy to do on Ebay. ALso need a treadle belt. I'm so happy!!
Old 12-26-2011, 10:51 AM

Wow, this is fantastic, thanks for sharing about the Ipad2.
Our best Christmas present we got in November when we gave our 3 year old grandson an IPad2 so he could use the communication app; he has a speech disorder and was non speaking. He is now able to tell us he wants a drink or something to eat. The first night he had it, he asked his mom for a hug goodnight-- the first time ever! He is now starting to mimic parts of a video that has his name in int! My cup overloweth!![/QUOTE]
Old 12-26-2011, 11:05 AM

Default Santa goodies ......

I got a Gingher seam ripper, Accuquilt Go die, a new quilt book and a GC to my LQS!
Old 12-26-2011, 11:10 AM

I got a $50 gift card from Hobby Lobby!