Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
so, show us what quilting goody santa brought you! >

so, show us what quilting goody santa brought you!

so, show us what quilting goody santa brought you!

Old 12-26-2011, 06:12 PM

I got a totally pristine vintage Singer buttonholer with 4 additional templates! I was thrilled. It will fit on my Singer 221 Featherweight and the Singer 99s I've got. When it arrived in the mail (Thursday), my husband told me to open it then. Guess he can't keep a secret!

Pam
Old 12-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Power Poster

I got a used majic box and writable card for the 180E bernina off ebay, 6 embroidery cd's (4 of them are for in the hoop projects), threads and needles, my new 440QE bernina machine calibrated to the lap top to talk to each other, 5 holiday patterns from the quilt shop and some assorted fabrics and batting. Also the promise of a annual cleaning for one of the machines in january at the quit shop.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:28 PM

I got the Gidget II table. Can't wait to move things around to get it in there---should be by week's end. Also my husband and son got me 2 gift cards---so I can go shopping or fabric, and other sewing goodies. Can't wait to see what kind of goodies I can get. I am spoiled by my family.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:52 PM

I got the accu quilt go and some dies, clothes a lot of them and some warm boots, jellyrolls from my son
Old 12-27-2011, 12:28 AM

My mom and dad bought me a new ironing board. It has four individual feet and the place to put the iron. Also, my dad mad and extension to fit on top of that which will make it easier to iron fabric once it's has neen washed, it's rectangle. My niece bought me a sewing machine case with wheels. But she wasn't thinking to take the demension of my Janome 7700 and now I get to return it to Joann's, and I hope they will accept it without a receipt cause she already tossed it. And my sister got me a gift card for Joanns. With the gift cards I need to buy the stuff to make a cover for the new ironing extension.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:34 AM

I got an antique sewing box, a so called Juffertje! It's about 130 years old, and still so beautiful.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by scisyb220 View Post
Hubby decided the week before Christmas that we should forgo giving gifts to each other & get a new computer, which we are shopping around for. But I did treat myself to two mag subscriptions that offered a second subscription to a friend, so I gifted one to a dear friend & one to a niece in law. Plus I'll be shopping around the sales for some fabrics to work on a special quilt for my cousin's daughter getting married in May. Oh, and I bought the book "Quilting for Peace" by Katherine Bell which I found at Tuesday Morning. Our best Christmas present we got in November when we gave our 3 year old grandson an IPad2 so he could use the communication app; he has a speech disorder and was non speaking. He is now able to tell us he wants a drink or something to eat. The first night he had it, he asked his mom for a hug goodnight-- the first time ever! He is now starting to mimic parts of a video that has his name in int! My cup overloweth!!

Your GS speaking is a gift that you will NEVEr FORGET!!! One to cherish and remember always. Congratulations.!!!
Old 12-27-2011, 01:07 AM

I did not get anything 'quilty' either, as my laptop crashed a few weeks ago and hubby took me to Best Buy and bought me the ASUS Android tablet with keyboard!

Plus we had spent some extra this year and got a brand new french door stainless steel fridge, and brand new washer & dryer. We have been married 26 years and not had any of these appliances BRAND NEW. So these were our gifts to each other. We have a tendency to be 'practical'.

Honestly, I can't think of what I need quilting/crafting sewing wise anyway!
Old 12-27-2011, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
I got the Gidget portable sewing table...it is too tall for me to use my stability chair at, so I am testing out all of the chairs in the house to find the perfect fit!
Had to chuckle cause I'm having the same problem .... finding a chair a tad higher for my machine and table.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:58 AM

Early Christmas gift a Singer Quantum L-500 with 20 X 24 extension. Day before Christmas came home to find a 42" flat screen TV and HD Direct TV hooked up in my sewing room. Also got Christmas day a trio 2 1/2 qt (yes 3) slow cooker units and grandkids bought me a box of Girhardili chocolate (one of my favorites). I used the trio slow cooker on Christmas day. Only wish hubby had gotten me two of them. Can you say "buffet"! LOL