Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
so, show us what quilting goody santa brought you! >

so, show us what quilting goody santa brought you!

so, show us what quilting goody santa brought you!

Old 12-27-2011, 04:15 AM
Power Poster

Our Christmas was kind of weird this year. We had one son with kidney stones, one DIL had a baby on Christmas Eve, & our daughter's 2 year old had his tonsils and adenoids out the 23rd and I had to help take care of him and the newborn (3 weeks old) who was along at the hospital. Since everything went crazy we put off giving gifts until last night. I gave my mom something she asked for - I printed out a copy of the FW manual in large print and bound it. She kept looking at it and caressing the cover - then she would look some more. Everything else she got went next to her but she held on to the manual... I also gave her some rubber feet to go on the bottom where the old feet are worn and rubber feet to go on the foot control - I also promised to clean the machine and install the rubber feet.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:20 AM

Whats LQS??? Looks like the place to go for great deals?
Old 12-27-2011, 04:41 AM

I received a fancy floor model Ott Light that I had been wanting. I have to admit I had put a bug in my son's ear and even showed him where they were in Michael's so he told hubby he thought Mom would like one of those lights they have in Michael's and they went shopping and bought it. Since it was such a big gift they hid it in a closet and then wrote a note, put it in an envelope and stuck it on the Christmas tree Christmas eve. I also received a few other quilty things, but that was on the top of my favorites. No more squinting when I do my hand applique.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:44 AM

After reading all the goodies you all received it gave me ideas to feed to my son for my husband. LOL
Old 12-27-2011, 05:03 AM

not a single quilting thing for christmas. I'm bummed.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:05 AM
Power Poster

Santa (my sister) brought me a crazy quilt wall hanging. She rescued a quilt top from a yard sale, cut it into 4ths and made wall hangings. It was made from old neck ties and silk scraps. Very pretty. If I could do pics on here I would put one up. Since the new format (which I do really love) I haven't been able to put up pics.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:17 AM

I got the 17" revolving cutting mat. I can't wait to use it. Starting next week I will start a quilt for my bed.
My poor fur baby is having surgery with a 6 week confinement. She doesn't crate well so I will be tied to home.
Yeah! No grocery shopping!!!
I will be gathering all my supplies and moving my sewing up to Dining room table.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:55 AM

I got a queen size wholecloth kit -embroidery threads, fabrics and 75.00 in Hancock fabrics giftcards. Now I need to get busy doing something.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:58 AM

I got the Kindle Fire and Q-Bot for my long arm, but the best present of all was we were able to buy a plane ticket and fly our youngest son here for the weekend. He's on his way back to AZ this morning, but not before he met my friend's daughter last night and now he wants to move up here. Yeah!!!!
Old 12-27-2011, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltingthetownred View Post
I got an antique sewing box, a so called Juffertje! It's about 130 years old, and still so beautiful.
I would love to see a photo of it.