Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
so, show us what quilting goody santa brought you! >

so, show us what quilting goody santa brought you!

so, show us what quilting goody santa brought you!

Old 12-27-2011, 08:15 AM

When my DH asked what I wanted for Christmas I told him gift card for fabric, new dishes, or a Kitchen- Aid Mixmaster. Received the mixer. Guess he likes homemade bread more than he likes fabric all over the dining room table. Who knew???
Old 12-27-2011, 08:18 AM

I received a $40.00 gift certificate to Connecting Threads from my lovely daughter and son-in-law.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:19 AM

My DDIL gave me and old singer sewing machine. Looks like my grandmothers she used to have. I can't wait for things to slow down so I can play with it, hee hee
Old 12-27-2011, 08:27 AM

My husband bought me a portable Brother CS6000 from Walmart online. It's to take to my sewing groups and the odd class I go to. It came with everything you need feet, carrying case, and an extension table. Best part is its really lightweight and less than $200.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I got a lot of quilty gifts. The new Go dies, a portable sewing table, jelly rolls, layer cakes, several new quilt books with specialty rulers and my stocking was filled with thread and decorative buttons. I signed up for a BOM for 2012 from Homestead Hearth. My DGD gave me a set of watercolor pencils for fabric painting and lots of zebra print yarn so I could crochet an afghan for her. LOL.
WOW You hit the jackpot! You must have been very good this year!
Old 12-27-2011, 08:52 AM

My DD surprised me - she went to the quilting Board (yes she is a researcher and found it right away!) and she searched for LQS's and for recommendations on hand-quilting stuff as I just did my first hand quilting project (and can still type, hurrah!) so I have a teeny-needle-threader, quilting stickies for my fingers, and a beautiful leather thimble.
And a dust-buster for the quilting lab!

My DH got really inspired and in a week he put an inset in my big oak desk to sit my Janome in, raised my cutting/ironing table to 36", and made me a 5'x6' design wall on a removable wood frame and helped me staple the fuzzy material to it. What a difference it makes, after a year of backaches from sitting wrong and cutting and ironing all bent over and even crawling around the floor to layout blocks.

I also got some old (1972) McCall's Quilting magazines and a Sunset Guide to Quilting from our eldest, who had a friend who used to quilt. I expected the bright colors but I was surprised to see the prevalence of applique work, as well as one quilt which was machine-quilted to near oblivion in all the background areas.

Everything with love, which is just where I'm at.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:54 AM

Nothing for sewing, but I did get a Kindle e-reader..it's great to have a book-on-the-go!
Old 12-27-2011, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by gmkfit View Post
Whats LQS??? Looks like the place to go for great deals?
LQS Local Quilt Store. We quilters have our own acronyms. Here's a list of some of 'em.
http://www.stashbuster.com/id19.html
I know that we have a list on this board but can't seem to find it today.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:47 AM

Santa bought me a rolling sewing case with handle, which also includes two other cases stacked on top for my material and sewing suppoies. This will come in handy when I go to my sewing quild. Can't wait to put it ti use. yeah!
Old 12-27-2011, 09:52 AM

I got two pair of 8 inch scissors and a a pair of applique scissors. Just what I asked for...Happy New Year!