Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: So what quilting projects are you working on this weekend?

It's crazy-quilting projects for me. My crazy quilt bee is exchanging black background crazy quilt blocks next February and I have to make the base blocks this weekend. Then I can spend a year embellishing with embroidery, beads etc. Each is a signature block and I'm planning dragonfly motifs. I want all 10 to be similar but unique.

Blog Entries
    i have company, so prob won't get to sneak off and quilt. have enough pinwheels made for a queen quilt. but they are going to be in the center of a block. and i also have the blocks for a baby quilt half done. did get to sneak off to joann's today and use a bunch of 40% off coupons.

I'm working on a customer quilt. I have all of the blocks sewn in rows for the center, so I have to get that put together and I'm going to try to get the first two borders on. The third border is pieced, so it might take me a bit more time, but hubby is on holidays this coming week, so I'll have more back up during the day with the baby...I might get this quilt finished this week, but if it's not completely finished, at least the top should be done! It's only toddler bed sized, so the quilting shouldn't take too long. :)

I will be making block after block after block for the Boomerang swap. And...cutting fabrics for a couple of other swaps :D I will be VERY busy but it will be fun!

Am making my "A Single Star" block for Moda's Semper Fi;
    an Amazing Grace wall hanging (panel)
    & a table runner

working on two zig zag quilts at the same time. One for my son and one for my sister to give as a gift. Tomorrow I hope to get the fabric for a large "Surf Song" bargello starched. At some point tomorrow I need to run to the fabric store and get fabric for the borders since I have a coupon!

First I need to finish quilting a kids quilt that is on my grace frame, then I need to piece the backing for a b-day quilt that I would like to quilt on my Bailey, once I finish those I want to finish piecing the top I started today (and am half way done) it's a fq pattern, once the top is complete I want to go to buy fabric for the backing, and I work Sunday so it's going to be one BUSY Saturday but what fun!!!

I have finally put the borders on a cot quilt and now am starting to hand quilt it.
    Colleen

Quote Originally Posted by Raggiemom
    Does everyone have lots of fun projects planned for the weekend? I finished two UFOs during the week and hope to finish 2 more.
    Wow, Raggiemom - 2 ufos finished in a week - my aim is to finish 12 UFOs this year and I'm making little progress. This weekend I'm sorting out borders that I've just had to take off
    :cry: - will be posting about that in a minute - then, if that gets done, moving on to some quilting.

Blog Entries
    going to try and finish my daughter's quilt..Its the one I am making for the pinwheel project..

Finished a birthday gift tablerunner last night, birthday was in Feb. (groan). Maybe today I can start on my Old Red Barn square, maybe..before I lose the paper pieces in the mess in my sewing room. I did two "one single star" blocks and have to find a way to mail them so they aren't a creased mess when they arrive, but that will have to wait until Mon. as our PO is only open for an hour and a half on Sat morning, early. Sure hope and pray it is not going to be closed.

finishing the backing for crib quilt for new grandson in June and starting a new one for a soon to be 13 yr old grandson in July. YAY!

Applique on a Bunny project!

I'm off to the Dallas quilt show...but not going to see the quilts. I am going to spend most of the day at the Long Arm vendors. I have been wanting to purchase a Long Arm machine for a long time, and today will be day one of my search for the right machine for me. I am really excited.

But on the drive to Dallas, I will be working on the Grandmother's Flower Garden I am English Paper Piecing....

Have a great weekend all!!
    k

Blog Entries
    I will be cutting out fabric for at least two more blocks on our Anniversary Quilt! I have 21 blocks done now (sampler) and haven't decided whether to have 35 or 48 blocks. I know I don't have enough fabric for 48, and am not even positive if I have enough for 35, but I'm planning to keep on going til I run out of one color and then I will implement another color in and make it all match. That and a roast turkey breast and all the trimmings for Sunday dinner. And probably shovel more snow that we got last night. And we have to shovel it, because it is only going up to 27 today. Don't want anyone falling and breaking their neck on our sidewalk! DON'T FORGET TO SET YOUR CLOCKS AHEAD TONIGHT!!!!!! Edie

None.... I leaving for vacation tomorrow ... FL here I come!

My machine was put in for a servicing and I pick her up today.

Doing a misc doll quilt with 2 inch sqs, need to start my Balt quilt BOM and hand sewing the binding on another doll quilt.

I will be either working on the D9P for my DD. I am still piecing together the top. Or I will be working on blocks that I brought home from the charity sewing so that when I return in a week they will be ready to put the blocks together for a top. I might need to get together with the quilting coordinator to get some more blocks.

community benefactor stitchofclass2's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Cleaned my sewing room yesterday and boy was I stiff. Didn't feel like I did that much. Today my daughter, my GS and my GGD and husband are going to Medieval Times here in the Chicago area. It should be great fun! Never been there before. Got buy one get one ticket free. Yeah!!! I love when that happens.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggiemom
    Does everyone have lots of fun projects planned for the weekend? I finished two UFOs during the week and hope to finish 2 more. However, I've misplace the binding strips for one so might not be able to complete that one. :( That's what I get for cleaning my room. I have a few pinwheel blocks to work on as well. And at some point, I would like to do some embroidering. Not sure there's enough time in the weekend but we'll see!
    Well, my DGD is here for at least part of the day. If I can wake her up we might get a little sewing in. I have some caramel pecan bars to make for my DGS to take back to college for him and his buddies. I have 3 QFK to quilt and the big pinwheel one to quilt. Plus I want to make some more stars for soldiers. Oh, and I have 6 pairs of pants to hem and replace elastic in for a friend by tomorrow. Other than that no big plans for the weekend. :roll:

I finished three charity quilt tops this week. Now I hope to start on a half hex quilt for me.

I hope to get one of two quilts finished for my daughter's friend. She asked me to make two quilts for her two boys using some of their old baby clothes, blankes, jeans and pants, etc. I have them both sewn together and just finishing up hand quilting the first one. Onlly one and a half squares left to do, then put on the binding. Yeah, I will be so glad when they are both done so that I can finish the log cabin quilt I started for my son last year.

I was meant to be getting on with the quilting for my cousin's baby quilt, but I got utterly distracted a few days ago by putting together the top with the swap blocks. It's going together really fast, I've nearly got to the borders (which will be simple), so I think I will indulge myself finishing piecing that and then go back to quilting the baby quilt. Of course, once I've finished that quilt top, it will have to go in a queue to be quilted, I need to get on with my seashell quilt next!

I'm cuuting out a new quilt that I plan on working on this week...plus planting strawberries today, first day of sunshine in a week, so glad Mr. Sunshine is back from his vacation.

Blog Entries
    I'll be cutting fabric for another charity quilt. I think it will be a four patch. Have to check my fabric supply.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast