Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: So what quilting projects are you working on this weekend?

Blog Entries
    I am finishing a baby quilt for my niece. Her mother told me not to make anything for her wedding since they dont like home made stuff. Well I am doing it anyways and just sending it to her. Tough tea bags to mom

I finished a warm wishes top last weekend with borders. I can't get over how much the borders really brought to the top. Looks great! I need to get that sucker basted this weekend. With no one here to help, I don't know what I'll be able to do. But I have some painters tape and my 505. Perhaps my young sons are up for some manual labor on the floor with mom and her "quilty stuff".

I also want to work some more on 2 projects. I guess I could call them UFOs as they've been in process over a year. I'm working on these two until their finished. Once they're done, I can start on my table runners for Christmas this year. Hoping for next month. This weekend, post basting, I can get to piecing on them some more.

I have some appliques to cut for a lady, willbe fun, all my favorite colors. Also practicing my machine embrodery! Bought some cheap hand towel, some flanne for baby blanket, a little apron for neice.

Blog Entries
    I'm handpiecing a grandma flower garden today. Then hoping to get a top pieced for quilting next week. I'm working the LQS while the owner is in Lancaster so I should have plenty of uninterrupted quilting time on the horizon.

Blog Entries
    I got the baby projects all done yesterday and DH is asking for those jeans and I promised him once this quiting was done for the new baby to be - he is next on my list - so as much as I hate shortening jeans - here goes! Ruining my weekend, but probably making me feel a whole lot better once it is done!!! I know he'll feel a whole lot better once he can pick and choose again without having to inspect everyone of his jeans to see if one pair is fit to wear to town without covering them with coveralls. lol So, you can find me between hems - pins - and not using my best thoughts at times; hate it - hate it - hate it!!!

Just finished the "sandwich" for my grandson's quilt last night. Plan on starting the actual hand quilting as soon as the housework is done. It's a large queen size so I guess I'll be quilting for a while.

I am doing free motion on borders on a quilt for my brother. If this gets done then I can bind it and get it done. Also working on block of the month Patriots & Petticoats. I also have 3 quilts to sandwich. Now this all won't get done this weekend but I know I will finish brother's quilt and BOM. ha ha ha

Still struggling with the single bed-sized quilt for my daughter, which I've been trying to complete for the past 3 years! LOL. I'm totally new to machine quilting, hence taking too much time. Doing SITD as this is what I could manage currently.

I am going to finish catching up on my Pinwheels..I started late and have been sewing leaders and enders between each 5" pinwheel square. I am using MSQ's method of sewing the 4 sides together, cutting them, arranging them and sewing them back together as pinwheels. So, there is going to be a lot of little 2.5" squares when I am done with the 50 pinwheels! I have no idea what to do with them but they are stash-busting for me! And as shown by the picture...I am piece-stitching!

Please pass along ideas for all of these little squares! I want to make a scrappy quilt.....(with a pattern???)

WIP
    Name:  Attachment-123302.jpe
Views: 11
Size:  53.9 KB

Blog Entries
    working on a pattern from the Fon's Porter magazine,cutting the fabric out first marking ea section bagging it , guess you could say Im making a kit up for when we're in Las Vagas visiting I can just take it out and sew away

Binding a runner that's to be a piano scarf for a friend's piano! And probably using scraps to make matching coasters or mug rugs or something.

Several days ago I was searching all over the place for some item and found a tote that had star blocks I made (hand sewn) about ten years ago as a project to do while traveling. Hadn't thought about them in years. So since I have so many unfinished projects, I decided it was time to add another one. I have pieced the top and am now working on scrap-pieced border. It's going to end up being a large throw sized quilt. Didn't have the energy or inclination to make more blocks to make a full-sized quilt. It's turning out really pretty as each star is different. Also found a mini-quilt I had made and decided (after binding it) that I wanted some more hand quilting on it. So did that too. The weather is beautiful here in Atlanta today so I got in the mood to get out of the winter dull-drums.

so far I've had a great week end. Taught four classes at the Jay Co Fiber Fest. (English paper piecing and tube quilt)
    Thanks to all the goodies I've gotten from this web site I
    looked like a pro. Ha!! Thanks for all the great feed back and links and hints from you all.

Blog Entries
    I will be re-doing the binding on a Doll Quilt & then I will be rearranging my sewing room so I can fit the curio cabinet I bought today for my fabric :D :D :D

Working on a BOM quilt--I have to design it, so its slow going. I drew the lucky number at quilt club and got the job. Ok just kidding, was asked and said I would do it.

Working on the 10 minute table runner. I got the instructions at the last shop hop that I went on in Feb. it takes only two fabrics, & yes only ten minutes to make. Counting the cutting. No batting, so you don't quilt it. Easy to do for different holidays & seasons.

I am workng on a baby quilt for my cousin who is due in May.

none, Still getting over the flue yuckkkkk

I'm relaxing with applique BOM, Henrietta Whiskers, and watching movies with hubby. Take out for supper. Tomorrow going to LQS to see the All Male Review.

I'm making more cord bowls as in my avatar, except that I am covering them this time with the scraps left over from my quilts. Our exhibition is in August, so I need to get cracking. Have made three so far.

working on nothing! I feel so miserable, a medicine I was on gave me extreme constipation! Just been wandering from bathroom to bathroom, looking for relief! TG after 3 horrible days, I think I will be better in a few! To much pain to even try to concentrate on Quilting!! sorry for the whinning!

Blog Entries
    This weekend I am sewing crib sized quilts for a charity Finished 2 and now working on a b ox in a box. The good news
    is some other volunteers will quilt and finish them. Nice since I do not have a quilting machine

Our local hospice center is in need of small comfort pillows for their patients and they need them right away. That's all I am going to work on all weekend.

I am finished a braid quilt top and I am working on the backing that is scrappy and I am hoping I have enough of the material to get the backing done with the same material I used on the front.
    We'll see... I needed a break so thought I'd come here..

Power Poster
    Working on the next step for a mystery quilt from our guild. Can't wait to see it done.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast