Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Some quilting gift ideas? >

Some quilting gift ideas?

Some quilting gift ideas?

Old 11-30-2010, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by mrspete
Well, looking forward to early Christmas .... Dec 12, otherwise there won't be any presents. No one to get from nor give to. Hope you get what you want.....usually don't until you get a daughter inlaw. lol They always try to impress. Blessings, Ruth
Can surely relate to, no one to get from or give to. Maybe I need to keep in touch and add you to my buddy list. Hope Santa doesn't forget us. Merry Christmas!
Old 11-30-2010, 11:01 AM

I would like my boys to be able to get jobs so they can support their families and homes.
Betty Angel
Old 11-30-2010, 11:24 AM

Amazon and Connecting Threads both have quilt books on my wish lists and a few charm packs on CT's list.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:26 PM

Thats so true, I feel lucky if I get a card. LOL
Old 11-30-2010, 06:41 PM

dh & i both get tons of catalogs, so for years we marked what we wanted out of each one, exchanged catalogs btwn columbus day & halloween, set a price limit and ordered whatever... dh is a woodworker, so there was always some tool he wanted....

we've reached the point where neither of us really needs anything else, so this year, my car needs struts.. so i asked dh to get them & he & ds will install them... save me about 1400.00....and how much fabric can i get for that!!
Old 11-30-2010, 06:51 PM

a card exchange on this site would be fun.......anyone for that?

jacie
Old 11-30-2010, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
One year when my two adult girls were in a feud, I told them unless they resolved the matter, they could not be at my house at the same time. The oldest could come over the day before Christmas the youngest could come the day after Christmas. Neither could come Christmas Day as no one wanted to be around negativity or be reminded of why the other wasn't there. DH backed me up with no exceptions to our rule. By Christmas Day they had made up and acted nicer then when they were at odds.
WOW! This is so awesome! So many times adult siblings fight and it is just not worth tearing the family apart! Way to go!
Old 11-30-2010, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by jacie
a card exchange on this site would be fun.......anyone for that?

jacie
That would be interesting! :-D
Old 11-30-2010, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I am asking for new kitchen towels and dishrags! I was folding my old ones and realized what bad shape they were in. Why do I keep using old holey stained kitchen linens? LOL.
I had to give a chuckle to this one. Since I retired (first grade teacher) I have to buy my own holiday dishtowels and pot holders. Students (especially the little boys) hate when their moms give dish towels, etc. as teacher gifts. But those were some of my favorite teacher gifts. I always knew that each year I'd have at least one or two fresh (clean) towels to display or use on Christmas day. (or Easter)

I don't want anything that can be wrapped. What I really want is someone to get my treadle Singer working so I can get some exercise. :wink:
Old 12-01-2010, 12:03 PM

I'm happy to get gift cards to local quilt shops, Joanns or even my favorite online fabric / quilt websites.

Its hard to anyone else to get me fabrics, supplies, tools etc cuz they don't know what I need or want.

Always happy to get more fabric and quilting stuff, more so than socks, cookies, kitchen gadgets etc. Even tho I am a chocoholic I don't want it anymore, I'm cutting way back on sugar and my craving is going away.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA