Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Speaking of JoAn's

agree

Went to Joann's in Brick, NJ today and couldn't believe my eyes.
    ........almost everything there was on sale. Whether it was because of the
    4th holiday, I am not sure...but there were some very big sales....50%, 60% and 70% off...

Looked a bit questionable after reading about all the ones you ladies have said closed recently. Sure hope this on isn't on it's way out.
    mj in NJ

how long will the sale be on?

Hello, I am new at this so I hope that you get this. I use to use 22 inch zippers and after reading your posting I went and looked to see if I had any left. I have one 22 inch in wine color. Not sure if you can use that color but you are welcome to it. It you can use it email me at [email protected] I am in Texas and they have closed a couple and reopend JoAn's Superstore. The stores are really nice and carry everything.

Doria223

to butterflywing

It was a four day holiday weekend sale...so it's too late to take advantage of it..I got there just in time.

I bought a package of CLIP RINGS (among other things). I like them for quilt hangings rather than having to put a sleeve on the quilt.......makes it easy..and I''m all for the easy way out !!!!!

have a good day......
    MJ in NJ

shoot! :twisted:

To Butterflywing (Ilove that name!): Don't you get the JoAnn's Flyers? They're even putting the color flyer in the paper here now.

to mj

i haven't been paying attention. i had a lot of prep for the holidays. sorry i missed that one though. i wanted to look at the ott lamps. were they on sale?

i read the article in AOL. They are closing some smaller stores that aren't doing well yet at the same time plan to open more superstores. Don't panic til you see the clearance sale.

I'm lucky and have several great LQS really close by, so I rarely go to Joann's. But when I do, I get so frustrated. They are understaffed and you have to wait forever just to have material cut. The last time I went, I bought cording to make my piping. It was priced at $1.50 a yard, but when I checked out they charged $2.50. I didn't realize that until I'd written my check. I went back to get the cording to make sure I hadn't looked at it wrong and I hadn't. When I took it back to the register (waited in line again), the cashier was not pleasant and told me that she would have to void my transaction and ring everything up again. They couldn't just give me my money since I wrote a check. So thank goodness for the LQS!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4