Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Speaking of JoAn's >

Speaking of JoAn's

Speaking of JoAn's

Old 07-02-2009, 09:26 AM

Charlie, don't feel to bad about your weather....the Jeersey shore has been having rain, rain and more rain.........mj
Old 07-02-2009, 09:27 AM

Count your blessings that you live 45 minutes from JoAnn's. The closest one to me is in Las Vegas...2 1/2 hours drive on mostly 2 lane roads. It is a treat to visit my daughter in Phoenix and hit the JoAnn's there.

I've had good luck buying from online stores. One is located in my town and she has a fabulous selection. Her website is havasuquilt.com. This weekend she is having a 20% off sale on books and patterns and has sale fabric that is really nice. Her fabric is always top quality. Let her know I sent you if you order anything. I don't get a commission, but I think it is important she knows we are supporting her.

Chris G.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:43 AM

[quote] Yes, the weather hasn't been at all summer like for the northeast has it? I had to fly back from Orlando Tuesday through NY air space and fog on the ground at Logan, and yes, we were delayed.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
Charlie, don't feel to bad about your weather....the Jeersey shore has been having rain, rain and more rain.........mj
sorry, I'm still new to how the quote thing works, I meant to quote your post and ended up quoting myself, not at all egotistical, eh?
Old 07-02-2009, 10:11 AM

Where do you find fabric 3-4 dollars,pleasetell me.!!!
Old 07-02-2009, 10:33 AM

My local Joann's is only about 5 miles away and booming. It's not a super store but I can't imagine it would be slated to close since I've spoken with the manager several times and been told they would like to expand in the area.

I live near Augusta, ME, the State capital, and yet Augusta has no quilting shops. There are two within 10 miles but I'm further north and have one close by and another larger store 60 miles to the north near Bangor, ME.

I buy all my notions at Joann's when they have the 50% off sale. I've been able to buy things I would be able to afford at full price and love the store but I do buy my fabrics at another quilt store further north.

Roberta
Old 07-02-2009, 11:41 AM

Yes, I have noticed that the less productive JoAnn stores are closing here in N. Calif. I actually went to a super store and found that it had closed, so it is not just the smaller stores.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:17 PM

Quiltator,
Go to hancocksofpaducah.com and see their sale fabrics. Also try craftconn.com...I have found some really cute stuff there and the prices are reasonable. Now a days we all need to be looking for bargains. Most of the online stores have clearance fabrics and if you look through them closely you might be able to find what you are looking for or at least add something to your stash.
Chris
Old 07-02-2009, 04:05 PM

I'm in FL and our Joanns moved and enlarged. It carries lots of material and several lines they didn't carry before. It's always busy, I can't see it closing anytime soon. I've just started buying material on line, I really like to feel the material, but the stuff I bought was very nice.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:05 PM

Kwhite, Thanks for you kind offer to send me some zippers. I have a supply of zippers on hand but needed a heavy duty brown one about 28 - 30" for the couch cushion slipcover I was making. DH and I were going to pass Joann's anyway so I going there was no problem. It's so nice of you to share your windfall with the quilters on the MB. May in Jersey