Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Spend too much time cruising this board instead of quilting >

Spend too much time cruising this board instead of quilting

Spend too much time cruising this board instead of quilting

Old 02-28-2012, 07:29 AM

I was going down that slippery slope of being on the QB too much! Decided to set the oven timer for 30 min. - it doesn't stop its annoying beeping until you get up and go turn it off manually. I still get on twice a day to view it all, though. It is one of the best one hour shows out there.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:37 AM

Im a SAHM with ids in school all day, so I have a little extra time on my hands. Some days I am on here all day, other days I go between housework and QB or sewing and QB. I honestly don't feel guilty being on here for any amount of time, I am a newbie quilter and have learned so much from everyone on this board. Quilters, I have learned are eager to help others so I never hesitate to ask a question on QB!!!!

Thanks everyone for making this site so addicting!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:15 AM

I used to spend 2-3 hours a day on the old board but not this one. I'm usually done in less than 20 minutes. I don't care for the setup so am accomplishing much more sewing than in the past and that's good for ME, maybe not everyone, but certainly for ME.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:20 AM

Guilty....I am usually at my daughters house getting the kids off to school so my time is limited here. If I turn on the computer when I get home then I'm in deep trouble. I like to get up early so I try and do some quilting before I start doing the usual things around the house.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:25 AM

Guilty as charged, now I time myself!!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 04:29 AM

ok, well........i roll out of bed at 3:30 a.m. to get my Quilting Board fix and coffee......do not start the machine sewing till seven - have plenty of time to cut, press, sort stash, or plan. check the board again during lunch and dinner and then sweet dreams because i only plan to sew during daylight...............retirement is wonderful
Old 02-29-2012, 04:35 AM

I too spend alot of time on here, but I have learned so much. The ideas and experiences of everyone here is truly a blessing to me. So instead of feeling guilty of spending hours here, I prefer to think of it as taking a class online, so no guilt! No credit for this "course" but no guilt either. I look forward to seeing the QB in my inbox every morning and can't wait to open it and see what I can learn. Thank you to everyone here for sharing.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:41 AM

With a 4 year old and 6 year old that I homeschool, I don't spend near the amount of time I would if they were in public school!

I've been trying to get on in the mornings before they get up, have my coffee and enjoy reading what others have posted while I was sleeping. Once the kids are up, it's school time, and I might peek in during the day, but it never lasts long. The kids are always needing something. lol
Old 02-29-2012, 04:45 AM

The pictures are my favorite section. I'm amazed at the skill that's here. I am here off and on all day long and I add several projects to my "to do list" every day. I doubt I will live long enough to ever complete that list but it's sure been fun making it!
Old 02-29-2012, 04:45 AM

way too much time on here. its addictive but in a good way.