Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Spending foolishly at the quilt show >

Spending foolishly at the quilt show

Spending foolishly at the quilt show

Old 09-20-2011, 03:55 AM
Power Poster

LOL, I would probaly be the same way!
Old 09-20-2011, 03:58 AM

I too actually left a quilt show without buying anything. That is because I spent my wad going on 2 shop hops and 3 other LQS within the past 3 weeks. So much pretty fabric and so little money! Also need to save $ due to have 20% off total purchase coupons for shops that expire 10/4. Need to do more SHOPPING.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:01 AM

I'm sure I will find something at the AQS show in Des Moines next week. There is ALWAYS some have to have item that I haven't seen before.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:03 AM

It was impulse, but foolish or not still to be determined... I stopped at my LQS to see about putting a flier in the window for my square dance club, so of course HAD to check out the sale section, sure I would find nothing irresistable. Approx 40 $4.50-5/yds later I walked out of the shop with 2 bagsful! Found such gorgeous stuff I could not resist, in spite of having, uh, 10 times that much? at home. :oops: Guess I'd better get off the computer and try out my new cutting table (6' folding table with PVC leg extensions to raise it to back-saving level, fits over end of guest room bed) and new cutting mat (JoAnn's 50% off sale with 20% off coupon besides, $20 instead of $50--love it when those coupons arrive by email at just the right time).

Most difficult part might be letting go of the quilts once they're made out of those oh-so-pretty, had-to-have fabrics. :-( That and resisting the impulse to use the 20% off Happy Birthday Week coupon from that LQS that I'll be getting next month. :mrgreen:
Old 09-20-2011, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by CAJAMK
I went to the PA quilt show in Oaks, PA last Thurs & again Sun (one admission price covered all 4 days). Oh yes, it was fun. The quilts & goodies were beautiful. But I really pretty good at money management. But this quilt show I just felt reckless...I bought the x-block template from the Sue Pelland booth thurs went back sun & bought the book and another template. Bought a few panels (yea like I need more of those!), A kalidescope template, marking chalk, some charms, a really neat template for making leaves. Geez I don't use 90% of the items in my sewing room already...I had to vent somewhere...anyone else have a "spend foolish" story?
I was there Thursday & Sunday too. I bought a piece of fabric on Thursday. But Sunday I was BAD!!!! I bought templates that you use on the long arm to train your brain to make feathers, and other cool designs. I spent $90 in that booth, and I bought 2 books, one on Bargello, and one on appliqueeing large dogs. Now I do have large dogs, but I HATE doing applique. How dumb is that? I will just say that I saw the most amazing display of art quilts I have ever seen in my entire life. Those people must not have anything else to do but quilt. If someone locked me in my house and waited on me hand and foot I may be able to do one of those. Absolutely Amazing!!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 04:08 AM

http://www.airingofthequilts.com. Here is the link to this event. Check it out! Maybe too far away for me but sounds really nice!!!!! Actually it is only about 5 hrs from me. Field trip anyone???
Old 09-20-2011, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by bigsister63
http://www.airingofthequilts.com. Here is the link to this event. Check it out! Maybe too far away for me but sounds really nice!!!!! Actually it is only about 5 hrs from me. Field trip anyone???
OOOOHHHH!!! I am only a couple hours from there. I think my husband and I have been to that town a "hundred" years ago. That is a beautiful part of the state.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:30 AM
BMP

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by bigsister63
OOOOHHHH!!! I am only a couple hours from there. I think my husband and I have been to that town a "hundred" years ago. That is a beautiful part of the state.
We get to go there often I have some family living there...My favorite bakery (Gables) isnt there anymore tho, I would stock up on things and bring them home.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by DeeBooper
I probably will have after the first. Going to the airing of the quilts in PA....can't wait!!!!
DeeBooper, this sounds fun, what is it and where in PA?Never mind I should have finished the thread! I will follow the link.
Tulip
Old 09-20-2011, 04:47 AM

I picked up the brochure for the quilt show in Portland, Oregon NEXT week and bought from the websites, thats how bad I am.
Won't even make it to the show.