Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stash question: If you live in two homes, how do you divide your stash?? >

Stash question: If you live in two homes, how do you divide your stash??

Stash question: If you live in two homes, how do you divide your stash??

Old 03-27-2014, 08:06 AM

RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ​Edie
Old 03-27-2014, 08:40 AM

I have no suggestion for your stash...but just wanted to say what a beautiful, wonderful, blessed problem to have !!! Both your homes sound so nice.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
Oh go out and buy more fabric for your stash in both places. You will always need the extra amounts.
I have a caravan and you can be sure if you only take a limited amount to make a project you require something left at home. These are both long times in each. Is tranort ings the stash backwards and forwards possible?
Now there's an idea! Why not have a trailer, RV, etc., that holds fabric and maybe even has a sewing station and bathroom and kitchenette. You get more room to sew at the shack and you have your fabric wherever you are.

What a nice problem to have! Lucky you!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:04 AM

I have this problem, too. Houses are 8 hours apart, so I can't just "run home" to get the fabric I want/need. At this point, I am only transporting projects to my vacation home. Main stash stays home.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:28 AM
Power Poster

Oh what a wonderful dilemma to have. Given that one home is smaller, I think that keeping the bulk of your stash at the larger home where you said you have a big studio would be the most logical. Although I think I might keep some basics in fabric, batting, backing, etc. in your smaller home; but make up "kits" in your studio to bring to the small home. You are lucky that you have that option. Good lucky and happy quilting.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:33 PM

I keep most everything in the main house. Our other home is an efficiency apt. in D.C. for concerts, plays, parties with old friends/etc. Since we don't spend much time there (and have very little space,) I just keep a machine, one in-process project I only ever work on there, and a few supplies in the apt. and everything else at home. Not sure what I would do if our time was more evenly split and/or the city place was bigger.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:53 PM

We go to the mountains when it gets real hot and I make up kits to take with. I try to do smaller project in my RV.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:37 PM

I live in 3 different homes (one is a motorhome) Our main home is on a lake & there is where I keep everything & do my quilting. When we are home I decide what projects I want to do in the winter & gather everything needed for the projects & take along in the motorhome. We have just bought a house on the beach in Mexico so now I will have more room to sew & quilt during the winter. I am so lucky........By the way, we live remotely at the lake, & the shopping is nil in Mexico so I end up doing most of my quilt shopping on the internet. I have just learned to bring plenty of thread...............
Old 03-27-2014, 03:40 PM

Take some projects with you and if you run out do they have any fabric store's nearby to shop if need be they may have some different things there? Sue
Old 03-27-2014, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by mhollifiel View Post
One is in the mountains (for summer and early fall) and the other is on the sound (for late fall to spring). I have a huge stash.
Curiosity killed the cat! Where in the mountains do you have a home? I live in Buncombe County.