Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The Stash's Stash >

The Stash's Stash

The Stash's Stash

Old 12-10-2019, 02:28 PM

Default The Stash's Stash

What's in your stash's stash, the I just can't use it yet, if I cut it up I won't have it, I've been saving this a long time, etc.

When are we ever going to break down and make something out of these lovely fabrics. I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

Mine consist of mainly gold enhanced asian prints of cranes and butterflies. Yardage that was quite expensive but I could not pass up.

What's in your stash's stash?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]620793[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20191210_171524_resized.jpg  

Last edited by Battle Axe; 12-10-2019 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:30 PM

My extra stash is in totes. The stuff that I'm saving and don't want to accidentally use for an oridinary project.

The problem is that I keep collecting, and then when I finally get around to making the project, I find I've enough fabric for 3-4 quilts.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:36 PM

Batiks, batiks and more batiks. I have a lot of yardage in batiks and I keep collecting more.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:50 PM

Beautiful fabrics Battle Axe. I have so much stash that I don't even know what ones are my favorite.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:58 PM

Battle Axe - our tastes are similar! I have pieces of your black Asian (top right corner), the black with the multi color circles (middle of picture) and the blue/purpley cranes at the bottom left. Since you have them, I don't need to show mine!

Quite a lot of my stash is small pieces, less than 1/4 yard. I am currently into making scrap quilts. Haven't quite gotten to make crumb quilts, but I am heading in that direction. I do have some yardage put away, but I have been "good" and have been cutting into them when I need that particular color or pattern.

I am spread out into multiple plastic bins - and lately my stash is over running me! I guess this means I have to get busier and use it. DH is of the school - "use it or lose it". Some years ago, he drastically thinned my stash - threw most of it in a dumpster. Not being mean, just practical. A lot of the fabric was in bins in a damp garage, so it got mildewed. I did manage to save some of my favorites. My stash is almost back to where it was when DH dumped it. Uh oh....off to the sewing room I go to use some up.
Old 12-10-2019, 03:04 PM

Gee I have cabinets and cabinets and many many totes full of fabric I just love that I have bought over the last decade. Now, I’ve come to realize that many of these are not my style, I really prefer to work with Batiks. So, I have been going through all of my stash and selling what no longer calls to me. Just when I think I’ve pulled everything I want to sell, I go back and go through it again and rethink if I really want to keep it. So far I’ve done this 3x and it’s working I always manage to add a few more items. I plan to set aside the proceeds for a Batik Shopping spree next year, or perhaps set it aside towards a upgrade my longarm in the future. I also have a stash of Asian prints that I am collecting to make a quilt, as I too love the prints!
Old 12-10-2019, 03:24 PM
Power Poster

I don’t have any fabrics I won’t cut but I do have some waiting for a perfect pattern. Some were beautiful fabrics on their own but hard to pair with anything else.
Old 12-10-2019, 03:28 PM
Power Poster

I use my stash for donation quilts. Many times I reach for a fabric to use and put it back because I'd rather use it for a quilt for me LOL
Old 12-10-2019, 04:20 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

The only thing in my stash’s stash are the hand dyed fabrics my sister made for me. Some went into her daughter’s wedding quilt, but the rest are still waiting.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:22 PM
Power Poster

Battleaxe- your fabrics are beautiful!
I hoarded some Jinny Beyer fabric that I just couldn't cut up. But then when I sorted out my stash it didn't have the appeal it once did so now I use my fabric when I'm "in love" with it