Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
steady Betty products >

steady Betty products

steady Betty products

Old 02-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Power Poster

I have the Steady Betty but someone posts about it being too expensive. This is an alternative another poster found that is cheap. You are right about being careful, but if it is sold as heat proof table top fabric then for myself I'm not that concerned about it being heated with an iron.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by BETTY62
I have the Steady Betty pressing board and I love it. When I first started trying to quilt I noticed that when I pressed the fabric, it look like some of it shrunk and/or lost its shape. I took a piece of it to Walmart and showed it to the lady in the fabric department. She said she was a quilter and told me about the Steady Betty. She said it would hold my fabric in place and prevent the stretching. She said they weren't cheap but were well worth the money. She was right. I could immediately see the difference in the fabric pressed before Steady Betty and that pressed after. My only regret is that I didn't buy the bigger size.
What size did you buy?

What a great site to find things
http://www.checkerdist.com./products...tty&relatedto=
Old 02-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I have the Steady Betty but someone posts about it being too expensive. This is an alternative another poster found that is cheap. You are right about being careful, but if it is sold as heat proof table top fabric then for myself I'm not that concerned about it being heated with an iron.
that is just it, it is not being sold as a heat proof table fabric..it is actually intended to be used as a protective barrier to keep too much heat from damaging your woods finish...and to keep things from dinging the wood...it is never advertised as heat proof!
Old 02-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Power Poster

I did some google searching and the foam back table liner fabric is heat resistant to 550º. Some sites describe it as heat proof up to 500º. I didn't know the Steady Betty made many more products. There is The Betty Ruler, The Pedal Betty, and now you can buy the ironing board cover made from Steady Betty fabric! Not expensive as I thought it would be, so no wasted time looking for the yardage of the other. :-D
Old 02-19-2011, 11:34 AM

will check it out............. :-P