Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stella and Ott lights >

Stella and Ott lights

Stella and Ott lights

Old 01-29-2017, 05:44 AM

Weezy Rider, go to Daylights website, they have lots of them some plug into an outlet, they have some new ones that have chargers, I think they last about 5 hours off charger. They have some amazing lights. My one stayed on, light going for a year and not once did it even flicker and its still going strong. I can move it and swivel it where ever I need.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:59 AM

Is this the OTT Brand or something other?

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
I just saw this weekend where Daylights have coming out within the next month or so some really great lights especially made for traveling due to their size. Love their lights, they aren't harsh and really last a long time. The prices on the ones coming out are great too.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:27 AM

I did purchase a desk Light for me sewing area. It is an OTT light with 27Watt daylight tube bulb. It is Model #UN1062 and I found it on Amazon. I REALLY like it. I did not just need a light to shine on my Sewing machine area, but a bigger one for when I go to Retreats and the lighting is poor. At the last Retreat I went to about a month ago, I was using the seam ripper to "unthread" some seams and I could hardly see to do it because the room light was poor. Then I borrowed the Stella desk light from someone to get some light by me. I liked the Stella light but the price is high for them. This one I purchased looks exactly the same and gives out the same amount of light and it was less than $50. They have a floor version, too, which I plan to order soon because my cutting table is kind of in a corner of the room and I really could use some more light in that area so want to get the floor version of this light for that area.
I also switched some of my lights in my basement studio, to day light bulbs. What a difference it makes for brighter light at night! I don't feel like I am in an "orange lit" room now. It is so much brighter.

Originally Posted by costumegirl View Post
aborning - Did you decide on a portable light to take with you to retreats? I agree with you that many times the lighting can be poor at classes or retreats and your own extra lighting is needed - I like the idea of having one that is easy to pack and carry - espeially the ones that are solar charged or battery operated so that they do not require a close electrical outlet.

I did pick up a few Ott bulbs like the one Ragamuffin described and am using them in fixtures/lamps that I had until I replace my floor model. E ven though it may require an electrical plug, getting daylight bulbs might also be an inexpensive option for you if you have a portable fixture that can be used.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:59 AM

I spread my working space out to cause me to get up and move about while sewing so I have a number of ott lights depending on the use. I see a headlamp might be more practical for me. I purchased them some time ago when prices hovered around $20 with a JA coupon.

Now my question is this. If I am looking for a portable desk light to replace my OTT what price range should I expect? I like the kind that sits on the table as my sewing table options vary at retreats and clip-ons don't always fit.

Thanks!