Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stolen Quilt Business >

Stolen Quilt Business

Stolen Quilt Business

Old 01-11-2011, 02:33 PM

Each of us could send something, like a group hug. What do you think?
Old 01-11-2011, 04:26 PM

Soooooo sorry to hear. I will pray she gets her stuff back.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:41 PM

It is too late for this poor lady but any of the rest of you who own a trailer this is the gadget you need. Thieves cannot hook onto your trailer with this being used.

We have one of these on our camp trailer.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158474[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-158469.jpe  
Old 01-11-2011, 05:13 PM

Her homeowner's insurance may cover this. She should look into that. I wish we all had her license plate number. My friend lived in Englewood, Fl and decided to move north to Virginia. Looked in the paper, got a moving company without checking them out. They packed and loaded the truck but when she got to Virginia the truck never showed up. A month later the police found an empty truck at the end of a back rural road in Florida. She did have insurance but could not get back her family pieces, pics, etc. I just do not trust many people any more. Where are the quilt police when you really need them? I would suggest that if she has pics of some of the stuff, serial numbers to her machines, that she post them on the "stolen
quilt" site. (I, off hand, do not know the site name, maybe some of you do). Come on, girls, lets get together, get the license plate number and help this gal out!!
Old 01-11-2011, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Marion Jean
We recently had an incident here in southeastern NC, town of Shallotte. Some very mean person stole a trailer parked at a woman's house - it contained her entire quilting, crafting and embroidery business, as well as several quilts. I believe this was Sat. Haven't heard any more about it since. She's appealing for return of the contents only of the trailer. I'm sure this poor woman is devasated.

The cruelity of some people cause to others is unbelievable. All the years it must have taken her to accumilate all her machines and fabrics. My heart aches for her.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:47 PM

What a shame. Some people are so cold now days. I feel the laws should go back to the way they were years ago. If the criminals were caught (like horse & cattle thief's they were hung since that was someones lively hood) a lot of these crimes would stop. I feel this falls under that category cause it is her lively hood. I know this sounds harsh, but as long as the laws protect the criminals now days, it is only going to get worse since if they do get sent to jail now, they get everything provided to them free. They don't have to pay for rent, food, medical, & get all the luxuries we can't afford plus don't have to pay taxes on any of it. I guess that is why they call it the criminal justice system. The criminals are the ones that get any justice. I know the victims don't. My bad for thinking this way?
Old 01-11-2011, 05:55 PM

Poor lady. I hope insurance give her fair deal. maybe she was moving from one rental building to another.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Halo
What a shame. Some people are so cold now days. I feel the laws should go back to the way they were years ago. If the criminals were caught (like horse & cattle thief's they were hung since that was someones lively hood) a lot of these crimes would stop. I feel this falls under that category cause it is her lively hood. I know this sounds harsh, but as long as the laws protect the criminals now days, it is only going to get worse since if they do get sent to jail now, they get everything provided to them free. They don't have to pay for rent, food, medical, & get all the luxuries we can't afford plus don't have to pay taxes on any of it. I guess that is why they call it the criminal justice system. The criminals are the ones that get any justice. I know the victims don't. My bad for thinking this way?

Halo, I agree with you. America is tops for criminals. We are too soft on them. Look at how other countries handle criminals. And we call ourselves progressive and more enlightened. Crimes against children needs tougher laws. It just makes me sick to see so many doing light time for ruining a childs life. I better stop before I get carried away on that one.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:47 PM

SO SAD...keep us posted.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:54 PM

i haven't read all of the replies, here, so i hope i'm not repeating something someone has posted--but we should all keep an eye on auction sites like ebay, craig's list, etc. unless they had a plan, or seriously wanted to steal an embroidery business, they will try to fence the goods somehow, somewhere. if there is a description of what was taken, many eyes could make short work of "policing" those sites. and we could be the best kind of quilt police!