Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stolen quilt / Oklahoma >

Stolen quilt / Oklahoma

Stolen quilt / Oklahoma

Old 10-07-2011, 06:54 AM

Thank you ALL so much for your kind words, I will post an ad on CL and contact a few sources you have mentioned...Quilter's are the best!!! Thank you for giving me some hope of seeing it again.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:56 AM

So sorry to hear that, especially since it was made from your GMothers clothes. Sure hope you get it back.Who knows it may be seen in another state if someone is traveling or tries to sell it. We all need to keep our eyes open at thrift shops and garage sales. Keep us informed!!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:01 AM

I am so sorry this happened to you.
If the quilt was on the bed, they did not even see the true value.
They probably used it to gather up all your other items taken from your home. We had the same thing happen at our house.
numerous guys came in according to the police. They through things on sheets and stuffed pillow cases with our jewelry, cameras, cash, antiques etc. The reason we know this is becuase thank God, one of them dropped a pillowcase with our wedding rings and other jewelry it in as they ran from the house. My hear goes out to you. Just an FYI take your time replacing any stolen items. Our theives tried a second break in a few months later. Our neighbor stopped the breakin. The police told us not to replace any of our things for a while and do not place boxes of newly purchased electronics etc on the curb with the trash. They said to break the boxes down and put them in the trash bags or take them to a recycle center.
Best wishes coming your way
Diana
Old 10-07-2011, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
watch craigslist....I wish you had a photo...I travel a lot of RURAL Ok areas..would love to help you...can you mimick it in EQ maybe???
great idea or even draw it freehand or large graph paper...you have allerted the shelters and goodwill in your area to watch for it, right?
Old 10-07-2011, 07:23 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about your quilt!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:24 AM

I'm so sorry, how awful. Keep an eye on craigslist, e-bay and check with local pawn shops. I hope it comes home to you soon.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:33 AM

ouch! so sorry to hear that. It held a lot of memories. You can only hope that it is being used and loved.. :?
Old 10-07-2011, 07:41 AM

Oh God bless you ... my eyes will be open for you. You may want to check the goodwills, thrift shops, yard sales and flea markets as well. put up a picture and different places. My home was broken in to a few years ago and of all things they took my jewelry box that had my daughters baby teeth, a broken watch my brother had given me and several other odd things, but they meant so much to me. Hope you find your quilt.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:50 AM

I am so sorry. I lost several quilts when a family member got a little too aggressive in cleaning and accidentally threw the tub they were stored in as trash. By the time I discovered they were missing they were long gone. I still grieve for them.

I am in northwest OK and I will be on the lookout. Have considered calling Hope Outreach and Park Avenue Thrift in Enid and asking them to be on the lookout, too. I so hope you get it back!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:53 AM

I hope you get it back - so sorry to hear of your loss