Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stolen quilt / Oklahoma >

Stolen quilt / Oklahoma

Stolen quilt / Oklahoma

Old 10-07-2011, 07:53 AM

crossing fingers and toes for you. Sure hope that quilt turns up soon
Old 10-07-2011, 07:56 AM

I wanted to post here so it would show up in MY POSTS, so I can find you easier. There are beginning to be lots of small town quilt shows right now. I am just across the border in AR. I certainly hope you find it.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:01 AM

I'm in so. Ok. I will keep an eye open for it. Please let us know here if and when you find it.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by catzlaw
Thats a great idea, and I WILL write them, thank you SO MUCH! My grandmother meant the world to me, and the quilt does mean a great deal. Thankyou again!
Remember, it's getting that first story into the media that is the hardest. Once one outlet has run your story, other outlets will be more interested.

Don't leave any outlet out because it doesn't seem very significant. A lot of times, reporters go through those little weekly papers, etc, for ideas for stories that they can use.

The more I think about it, the more I think the angle to take would be that of Ms EveryBurglaryVictim and what victims go through after the crime. How it's not always the most expensive items that hurt the most, it's the stuff with little monetary value that have immense sentimental value. And how little actual help there is out there for victims of "minor" crimes (that don't seem so minor to the victim).

The fact that the quilt is a memorial quilt, of someone you loved so much but (probably) was only known to her family and friends is the most likely hook to hang the story from. The more you can convey just what it was that made your grandma so special, the more likely your story will catch a reporter's attention.

You've got a good story, all you have to do is make it easy for a reporter to tell.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:56 AM

As you don't have a photo, could you do some type of drawing; any of the pieces of the materials left; that you could photo those and scan those in to the "drawing"

Originally Posted by catzlaw
Im hoping it will pop up at a flea market, and some kind soul will remember reading this.

I dont have a photo, ....but probably will try, thank you for the suggestion, Id forgotten about that site.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:25 AM

Sorry to hear that . Upsetting that someone broke into your home and then on top of it took your quilt . Horrible.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:28 AM

I hope no one was home/injured during your home robbery. Burglary is bad enough, but to have an armed person enter your home is horrible.

I hope somehow your quilt makes its way back to you!
Old 10-07-2011, 11:00 AM

Best of luck to you in having your quilt returned.
I checked out this site and was surprised to see quite a few postings. This is a good idea and I'm going to check it often so that I could possibly recognize a lost or stolen quilt.
returned
Originally Posted by emerald46
I so hope it gets returned to you. Try posting on this site: http://www.lostquilt.com
Old 10-07-2011, 11:07 AM

When my brothers house was robbed they took pillow cases to carry stuff out in. They may have wrapped stuff in the quilt, it may still be in someones trunk. I was glad they did not take the pillow cases I made him! So sad when they take the personal stuff that can not be replaced.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by justflyingin
I also can't understand why someone would steal a quilt unless it was to wrap up something they stole in it to protect it. Unless, of course, the quilt was exceptionally beautiful, but the OP didn't say that it was.
My thinking too, hope it shows up somewhere! Having undergone a robbery 20 years ago makes me remember it in all the details just reading your post.