Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stumped......... >

Stumped.........

Stumped.........

Old 06-03-2014, 05:16 PM

I tried inserting a picture of my jacket/bolero style from sweatshirt template, sew as you go various widths of scrap strips, colors all joined together nicely, received many positive compliments, everyone I meet in business make a comment and wonder where it was bought, when they realize it is a thrift shop sweatshirt they are perplexed and at ahh of the creation... Wish I could insert picture. I'll try another method.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:50 PM

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/di...baf4c.jpg.html
Old 06-03-2014, 05:52 PM

Default jacket

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/di...baf4c.jpg.html check it out, its picture of my jacket from strips, what to do with your fabric strips in bali... only and idea..
Old 06-03-2014, 09:20 PM

How about a scrappy table runner, placemats, christmas stockings, ornaments. There are patterns out there for different width strips. Usually the strips are placed on the batting on the diagonal (somewhere near the middle)and then sewn together one-by-one, pressed with each addition. when one side is sewn turn it around and cover the batting from the raw side of the first strip. put a backing on it and stitch in the ditch, bind. The neat thing here is you can practice with all those decorative stitches (instead of stitch in the ditch) and pretend it's a crazy quilt, or zigzag with different colored threads, practice fmq. I've used scrap strips from 7/8" to 4" all in one piece I usually don't pay much attention to color or print, but I do pay attention to contrast and sometimes theme: like all Christmas fabric. Then you can also add a strip of lace or other trim between one or more strips and jazz the whole piece up with other fabrics such as satin or velvet. Have fun!
Old 06-04-2014, 04:32 AM

I love my strips! The little girl quilts have all sold, some before I even finished the binding and took pictures. The owl was finished last month just before I got sick and hung at the guild show. I was told that within hours it was pinned to pintrest (?). It is still waiting for an official picture to send to the designer. I can't piece unless it is paper piecing and this is the easiest for me. Just have fun!
Attached Thumbnails owl-background-003.jpg   retreat-006.jpg   retreat-004.jpg