Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Suggest Pattern for Twin Grands, Please >

Suggest Pattern for Twin Grands, Please

Suggest Pattern for Twin Grands, Please

Old 07-10-2018, 06:27 AM

I’m still pondering patterns. Not even sure about a snowball quilt now. Choosing the coordinating fabrics will be easy afyer I’ve settled on an appealing pattern or two!
Old 07-10-2018, 07:51 AM

Maybe add a little blue? Or kill the pink and replace with yellow and green?
Old 07-10-2018, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
My money is on a boy and a girl. But one never knows. I'm reading my Dad's letters (in Germany just after the war) to my Mom back in the states carrying ME!!!. Dad thinks it is a boy and has named him Frankie. He has given Mom free rein on the girl's name except he does not like Sheila. I haven't got to the parts (some times 3 letters a day) where I am announced as a girl. So exciting.

And what did mom name you? Or did they call you Frankie?
Old 07-10-2018, 10:03 AM

I would 2 quilts that are very similar with a few different colors.- I think modern moms like modern quilts. Look at Suzy Quilts blog (suzyquilts.com) and the Fernweh quilt pattern by(I think)Domestic Strata-you can google the pattern. , Suzy's quilts are great, you can do different novelty fabrics if a boy and girl with similar solids; Her Campfire quilt some people do in pinks or blues. There is so much to individualize her quilts and she is soo helpful! The Fernweh quilt is a 2 color quilt, so, different solids or a novelty and solid for each child. Have fun!!
Old 07-10-2018, 05:01 PM

I find the Disappearing 9 Patch fun and easy, and there are a lot of ways to put it together. So you could use the same fabric for each and lay them out differently, or use different fabrics but lay them out the same. This is going to be amazing, having twin grandbabies. Congrats to all of you!!
Old 07-11-2018, 06:48 AM

My thought was a little different. What about making three identical quilts? Then, if one is soiled/in the wash, they will both still have their own quilt.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by pchp View Post
My thought was a little different. What about making three identical quilts? Then, if one is soiled/in the wash, they will both still have their own quilt.
Well, that is a different thought, for sure. But as it is, I'm going to be like a filly in the Kentucky Derby to finish two before the shower on Sept 1, since I won't find out the sex of each baby until July 21. (And I'd prefer to make them gender-specific since they will be so near and dear to my heart forever and ever amen!)

Besides, having to wait for one's special quilt to get clean will just be part of the child's learning patience. I would very touched to know that any of my future grandchildren would chomp at the bit till their quilt was clean and dry once again. LOL