Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Supplies to Poland >

Supplies to Poland

Supplies to Poland

Old 03-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Power Poster

I buy my rotary blades in bulk from eBay -- much cheaper. You could check eBay for sellers who ship internationally. That would probably be the easiest way to do it for the least amount of money. You may want to purchase insurance for the package, if insurance is available.

I have had no problems having blades shipped to me in the U.S. from eBay purchases. If there is a problem with shipping, it would probably be with customs at the other end or with theft at the other end.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:49 AM

Would she not be best ordering from an EU country? Lots of suppliers in UK, and also a good online supplier in Switzerland who ships to all European destinations. I can give names if necessary.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:45 AM

Last year at a quilt show in Lancaster, PA, I saw a tool that sharpens rotary cutter blades. Have not seen it in any quilt shops locally. Maybe do a www.google.com on this.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:37 AM

I just got five blades (sealed and in a plastic holder) from JoAnn's shipped through the mail. I also used to work at the Post office, they have international mail guidelines, some items are definitely not shippable to certain countries. I doubt that rotary blades are considered weapons. You could ship several items at once as "quilting supplies". Of course, it is up to customs as to if they open the package for search and/or seizure. But do check at your post office for a list of items that are unshippable.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:51 AM

Before you try to ship replacement rotary blades, have your friend check out the art supply shops in Poland. Here in Lebanon we have no quilt shops (not a one); therefore I can not get any cutting boards, templates, special fabrics or any other quilting tool. But I can find replacement blades for my rotary cutter at the local art supply shop. (I bought my rotary cutter there as well.) I can buy 10 blades in a package for less than 1 blade costs in the US.

Connie
Old 03-16-2010, 09:24 AM

I'm sure you could ship them
Old 03-16-2010, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by bj
The only thing I ran into shipping out of the States is that I had to declare what the contents of the package was. I'd definitely ask someone at the USPS how to word the label so it would go thru on the other end. My friend in Ukraine has a hard time getting her mail delivered. They seem to be suspicious of everything.
couldn't you just call them quilting or sewing notions?
Old 03-16-2010, 10:05 AM

Poland is not very far away for here. They can go to Germany and buy the supplies there. Or they can order it online in Germany or in the UK wich also belongs to Europe. And for cheap blades they can go to the toolstore. I'm sorry but I don't see why we should help.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Maksi
Poland is not very far away for here. They can go to Germany and buy the supplies there. Or they can order it online in Germany or in the UK wich also belongs to Europe. And for cheap blades they can go to the toolstore. I'm sorry but I don't see why we should help.
You can find rotary cutting blades in toolstores???
Old 03-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Banned

sorry I wish I could help you. Penny