Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Supporting our Quilting Fabric Suppliers >

Supporting our Quilting Fabric Suppliers

Supporting our Quilting Fabric Suppliers

Old 10-22-2015, 01:47 AM

I like to able to see and feel the fabric in quilt shops. However I spend most of my quilting money online. The sales are great! I imagine it is very difficult to keep a shop running with all the online business.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:52 AM

I'm another who won't do Wally World. They abused tropical fish when they first opened. I don't agree with Hobby Lobby or like the choice of background music, so I won't shop there, either. (Hancock's here used oldies rock and roll)

We have a couple of quilt shops, Joanne, Hobby Lobby, and an independent. The problem is fabric lines. I don't always like what the coordinating fabric is, and then have to hit all the other stores to find what I need. I mix and match to my color taste, not the mfg. I would buy online, except I'd prefer the true value of the background colors. All monitors see color differently unless you calibrate, and a couple of shifts to the right or left of a color can make it unusable for what I have in mind. (paint chips use numbers to match.) I like a certain palette, and that's it.