Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Swaps >

Swaps

Swaps

Old 12-01-2010, 05:07 AM

Thanks Patrice for explaining the procedure for leaving feedback.

And of course you are right, with the one-on-one swap, there is always the chance that the "one" will not send anything in return. Oh well, the way I look it is that they have to live with themselves..but there is always the chance that the "one" will be the best partner ever and that you'll develop a nice cyber friendship. I enter at own risk and open my Pandora's box.Personally, I LOVE the partnered swaps and prefer them.

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
an unpleasant truth is that every partnered swap results in at least one person getting stiffed. you simply cannot be 100% sure that you'll get an equivalent return for what you send. neither the swap coordinators nor board management have any control over that. unfortunately, the only thing we can do when it happens is to fuss and nag at the person who didn't send and hope for the best.

i've been discouraging partnered swaps for just this reason. that generates complaints from those who've been lucky and who prefer to swap that way.

either way we go, somebody's unhappy.
:?

the swap coordinator should give the slacker 30 days.

if you haven't received your item by the end of that time, or if the other person has not returned what you sent her/him, report it again to the coordinator. she can make a public note in the swap's group activity matrix and can post a negative feedback under the villain's profile.

you should not post a negative feedback because that will duplicate the coordinator's.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:27 AM

I still have lots to learn about swapping on here. I neglected to read the rules (honestly didn't know there were rules) So I went ahead and came up with the idea of swapping Christmas Cards, and including a 5" White Square Signed with name, city, and state. I just wasn't thinking about those on here that don't celebrate Christmas and how that may have affected them. There's more to a swap than you might think. However, I had several people to PM me wanting to do this exchange. I think I'll go ahead and keep up my end of the bargain by mailing a card, and 5" fabric square eventhough it cannot be an official QB swap. I felt so bad for getting everyone excited and not fulfilling my commitment. It will be totally up to them if they send anything back or not. Since its my fault (not reading the rules) the swap couldn't take place :( PatriceJ was super nice about the whole thing and just explained in further detail about the way swapping works on the QB!!! Speaking of negative feedback, I really hope noone leaves me a negative. I am new to the QB and still learning how things work.

I just joined the row robin and I really hope that swap works out well. I would love to have a quilt that my new QB friends had a hand in making. I just think exchanges/ swaps are sooo neat b/c every person is different and has something special to bring to the table.