Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Taking the time to Thank this Board

Power Poster
    Sorry for your lose. Your quilts are very good.

Great quilts!

You are a magician. Those quilts are "Freaken" Awesome LOL>
    Really they are. I know what you mean about this board. My wife was just diagnosed with breast cancer and the board became a quilting machine. She has gotten blocks and quilts from all over the world for her chemo and radiation.
    It is amazing. I am totally in love with my QB angels.
    Keep up the good work
    Love
    Robert

I can't thank you guys enough for your kind words regarding both my quilts and my dear little mother. Honest to God, I've been through lots in my life, as I'm sure we all have, but I have never experienced pain like this....we were such a constant part of each others lives. I would always say there's mothers and then there's mine. It might not even be so hard if she had been just my mother, but my best friend and roomie. I used to call us Min and Maude, the spinster sisters..........I feel like I should be handeling it better than I am I miss her so much....I know time will help, but really, not very much matters to me anymore....but I really am trying.......Thanks again............Wendy

Wendy,
    Your quilts are lovely. I am so sorry for your recent loss and for the loss of your Dad. Just remember that you always have us "quilters" here on the board for you anytime day or night. :D :D

I was very close to my mother also and we always sewed together. I just stopped sewing and had a very difficult time for many many years. I didn't have anything like this board or anyone to talk to, so I know this will help you, but it will just take time. Please reach out when you need to, that will help.

Jim
    So very sorry for your loss....time goes on but, memories the are the real healers of our hearts pain. I pray you find the solice you need to overcome the depression caused by your loss..I agree that this is a great place to find help or a shoulder anytime of the day or night.

Blog Entries
    So sorry for losing both of your parents. I'm glad you find some comfort here, and your work is very pretty, and the colors are wonderful!

I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother, it's a hard time to get through, but I'm sure with the support of all your friends, you'll come through nicely. Your quilts are very happy quilts and I'm sure your life will be a reflection of them in the not too distant future.

You never get over it but you will get through it.

The best advice I can give (from experience) is to get time in the sunshine (with a hat and sunscreen) and walk around outside A LOT.

Time with friends and loved ones and exercise endorphins are a great boost for depression.

Banned
    these are beautiful.

Your quilts are beautiful. Keep up the good work. I am very sorry for the loss of your parents. I know from experience, that it is not an easy time. We are always here for you. HUGS!!!!!

Your quilts are beautiful! Like you, I have learned so much from the Board.

It's hard to lose your parents. I still miss mine and catch myself thinking, "I'll have to show this to Mom" before I remember she's gone and has been since 1997! But, the pain has softened over the years, and now I can think of her with pleasure instead of pain..
    Besides, looking at your little dogs tells me you have lots of companionship to help.
    Your quilts are beautiful.

Power Poster
    The quilts are gorgeous.

Wendy, I too love the board and all of these super talented people who give from their hearts and their talents freely. I feel blessed that I found the board.

Losing you mother is like having a headache everyday for the rest of your life. You get used to being in pain, but it never goes away.

thoughts and prayers for you. Suzette

Your quilts are lovely.

Blog Entries
    your quilts are very nice and sorry for your lose

Gorgeous quilts! Love your fur-babies, too!

Bless you, you have had a hard time. You quilts look beautiful to me. Maybe you are like me and see the smallest fault as a glaring one. I try to remind myself that while some people do things much nicer than me some also don't do quite as well. It's hard to love yourself. I'm trying to be happy with what I do, whatever it is. Jack of all trades, master of none, that's me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4