Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking the time to Thank this Board

Blog Entries
    I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear Mother. Praying for your comfort.

I am so sorry for your loss and I think your quilts are beatiful.I also want to thank everyone on this board for all the effort that they put in to helping us all understand things. THANK YOU

Your quilts look quite wonderful to me, I see nothing wrong and I too love the scrappy one, it is so colorful and love the wonky blocks. I am alone a lot too and have been for quite a few years. This board is my lifeline to people and ideas and it keeps me very busy, no time for self-pity.

Sorry for the loss of your parents. Just remember, you can always lean on us. Your quilts do not reflect any struggles with quilting. They are so very nice. Love the scrappy.

So sorry about the loss of your parents. Your quilts are beautiful. I love the scrappy one since scrappies are my favorite.

So sorry for the loss of your parents. I haven't had parents since the age of 12,and I learned to sew from my Mom,and it not only is my serenity but has played a very big role in my life,making some gift for someone or volunteering the gift to our church raffle has brought great joy in my life,I feel it's my contribution to the world. My husband passed away two years ago this July and if I didn't have sewing I really think the painful mourning would have lasted much longer. So my suggestion to you is,"go do what you love",keep up your quilting,your doing a beautiful job your quilts are outstanding.

So sorry for your loss! Your quilts are Beautiful!!!!!!

I am sorry for your loss. Your quilts are really pretty.

You put the right words together to express what this site means to so many women (and men) This is my connection to the caring community that helped me with warmth and humor to get through grieving. And inspiring us with quilts like yours......wonderful. Thank You

Blog Entries
    What a great post. This is a great board and even though I have been sewing longer than some on here have been living I too have learned much from the great people on here. Thanks from me also.

You r right this site but mostly the people r awsome I am new and I have learned so much. So sorry for your loss both myparents are gone now to. And your quilts are beutiful. Wish I could follow instruction that well . Keep quilting and showing pics. I for one have not fingered how to post pics.

Junior Member QuiltingrandmafromMi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am so sorry for the loss of your parents! I know how u feel, I moved in with my mom and cared for her until her passing. It was hard, especially when I had my own family to care for, but, I am so glad I did. It just would have made it easier to have been on a board like this at the time! This is a "Medical Miracle" I love your quilts!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Junior Member QuiltingrandmafromMi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    sorry
    Attached Images Attached Images

awesome work!!!

Your work is wonderful! I look forward to seeing more of your quilting in the future!

Love your quilts. Thank you for the graceful way you said what's in my heart. I stumbled onto this site, can't even remember how it happened but I'm here almost every day. Always great information, a laugh and sometimes a tear.

First, your quilts are lovely. You do a wonderful job.

Second, I too have learned so much off this board. When I posted my first, and only so far, picture of a quilt I had finished the response was overwhelming. It actually brought tears to my eyes. It gave me confidence to try something new. I read this board every morning. I try to limit my time since I work full time to about an hour a day. But sometimes it ends up more than that.

Thank you to all the people who keep this board running.

you have done a great job on our quilts

Beatiful quilts. I am sorry for your loss. I am going through this with my mother at the present. I take my blocks to show her when I see her at the Long Term Care. She is the one that taught me to sew. So many wonderful memories that can never be taken away.

Happy Tails -- I appreciated what you said about bindings. I did the same thing with that tutorial and like you, I follow it and my bindings are a cinch--right the first time!!
    Glad you enjoy the board. Your quilts are lovely. I like the scrappy "wonky" one.

Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear of your loss. I know what you are going through. I lost my first husband after only 1 1/2 yrs.

Sorry for your lose, but keep up your good work. We will keep you on the site!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am rather new to the board, but I learned a lot from the other quilters. I am so sorry for all your losses. I have found quilting and friendships with other quilters to be a excellent source of support. I was ill for about 2 years and missed a lot of my guild meetings. The gals were supportive through it all and now express happiness with me that I am able to get to the meetings and share in the joy of quilting. I do not think I have ever met a quilter that doesn't have a warm heart. Blessings for your day

Wendy, your quilts are truly beautiful. I think you are a little hard on yourself. Our parents give us a feeling of security, and when they are gone we must find our security elsewhere. So glad you are a member of this board. I love it, too.

Your quilts are lovely. I need to find this Tute because i can't bind a quilt without wanting to scream!!!!
    Your parents are enjoying "watching" you do your quilts.
    This Board is such a support group, and to think we are from all over the world, helping one another!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast