Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell me about your quilt in your avatar

Mine is a round bargello made with a 10 degree ruler. My daughter saw a similar one at a fair and said that was what she wanted. It has about 16 different fabrics in graduating colors of the rainbow. Took longer to pick the fabrics than to make the quilt. It is hand quilted in a large spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by whinnytoo
    Mine is a Karen Stone pattern called ULS 11 and all paper pieced. I love a challenge and this one didnt disappoint!
    I love yours better than the pattern cover!

community benefactor stitchofclass2's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mine is Home in The Woods BOM by McKenna Ryan. I have it hanging over my landing (open staircase) in Wisconsin. It is even more striking in person. The fly that is at the end of the fishing line was made by my niece and expert fly fisherman. Would like to do another one. McKenna Ryan has several patterns.

thank you Drew! Someday Id like to do another, but not quite yet........ I have another challenge Im working on now called Amazon Star (Judy Neimeyer)

Beautiful !!
    Quote Originally Posted by glassnquilts
    Mine is a round bargello made with a 10 degree ruler. My daughter saw a similar one at a fair and said that was what she wanted. It has about 16 different fabrics in graduating colors of the rainbow. Took longer to pick the fabrics than to make the quilt. It is hand quilted in a large spiral.

Blog Entries
    Mine is a quilt I made for my daughter (her specifications- of course) when she and (now) hubby bought their house for their spare bedroom. It was the first time I got it perfect ! (I couldn't have given it to her any other way !) - It's queen size

mine is one that my grand daughter inspired. I made it for her, and used most of her favorite colors. It is my own design, and she loved it.

Mine is called variations of a star and it was the first quilt class I participated in, it is not really quilted like it should be but my daughter has it right now, so maybe after I finish my two quilt tops I'll get it back and try to quilt it proper.

How warm and heartfelt is your reason, beautiful !!

Blog Entries
    Mine is a kit for a baby quilt I bought in Texas two years ago. Had to make four star blocks for the corners.

Mine is a reproduction of an 1830 quilt in the University of Nebraska-Lincoln collection. I saw a photograph of the quilt online and emailed for permission to recreate. They told me I could reproduce the quilt and I spent about a month drafting the pattern. The Kokopellis were embroidered by machine. The second photo is the one from the UN-L website.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I saw it on HGTV (about 15 years ago!), downloaded instructions from the Internet. It was my first full-size quilt (had made baby quilts for my grandkids before). Took me forever, but I still love it!

Blog Entries
    Mine is from the Farmers Wife Sampler book that I'm doing in a group at one of the LQSs. It is called Buckwheat in the book, but there may be other names for it as well.

This was my first quilt made for my oldest daughter. It took me a year while taking a class, I felt I put so much love in it just for her. The back has 10 different size cranberry hearts(same as border) appliqued randomly on a printed fabric taken from the front. Pattern "Heather Heart" came from a magazine I bought.

Mine is McCalls "Covering America" made for my son's wedding 7/7/07. I spent years collecting red, white and blue fabric for this project all MADE IN THE USA. I call it "Covering America in Fabrics of Extinction". Yes, even the thread was on wooden spools made you know where.

Mine is a work in progress crazy quilt. Some of the material is from my dgm who is now passed, and some is from past projects there are so many different mediums to look at. It has each of my children's and their children's names on it, and I'm "crazy" in love with the victorian Ladies and eblems that I machine embroidered on it.

Mine is hard to see, but my two granddaughters are having fun with the Princess quilts I made them for Chistmas. The quilts were made with inexpensive Disney princess panels. I used lavender fabric with a bubble pattern in it for the sashings and border. Definitely quilts to be dragged around and played with!

My avatar is a "spinning spool" made with scraps of very bright colors. This was made for my GS's half sister who I absolutely adore.

Mine is called "Radiating Diamonds". A friend of mine that I met through one of the quilt groups in the area designed the pattern. Everyone in the group bought the book and made them. I liked that pattern so well that I made 2 of them for my two children for Christmas that year. It is so much fun to make and really quite fast. She then told us how to quilt it and it was done on my home machine. Both were queen size. The two quilts complete from cut out, to binding were finished in three weeks.

Mine is from an old quilting magazine of my mother's. I think it is called Exotic Blossoms. It's the only one of my quilts I kept. Kids and Grands got the rest. The color is appliqued to muslin blocks, then stitched together to form the overall design. It is my favorite of all the quilts I've made.

Blog Entries
    Mine is a copy of a Japanese print. The original is a DOVER publication and all are off copyright. My husband a I have a fondness for oriental. Our living room reflects that.
    My is needle turned applique and is 2x3. Blew up a print and made templates.
    Thanks for asking.

Mine was a brown scrap bag challenge. I had the bag for one year and never opened it. Finally the quilt show was coming and I had to do something. I opened it and found 3 x 3 inch pieces of the moose, some grey material (mountains I made from front and back side) tree trunk and a few pieces I won't mention. (yuck) We had to make our own design and this was the result. The hanging is 9x12 inches. I thought it came out just fine and I was definitely out of my comfort zone when I made it. Sometimes that's a good thing.

Blog Entries
    My is one of four eight point stars in a Baby Quilt I made for my niece. 1930 reproduction fabrics, hand pieced and hand quilted. Thanks for asking!! I had fun making it!

I used a Jinny Beyer quilt kit. I have been wanting to do one of her kits for over 20 years but was afraid to ruin her fabrics. I saw this pattern in the McCalls Quilting (May/June 2010) and couldn't wait for it to arrive. It reminded me of my hometown during the grape harvest. (I lived in the Napa Valley for 50 years). I quilted it with an all over grapevine pattern. Now I can't wait to do her teal version.

Mine is a quilt for my brother. He was in the middle of a very difficult divorce which involved five children he had basically been the main caretaker for the last three or four years they were together, I decided I wanted to make something that would be comforting for him.
    This was before I was really interested in quilting. It is a rag quilt made of flannel. I found the pattern on the internet. It was a lesson for beginniing quilters

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast