Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell me about your quilt in your avatar

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately, you can only view a "tease" of my 30 year old sampler king-size quilt that I made for my DH some 30 years ago, as Bella decided that it was far more confortable than the leather couch. It was all hand peiced and hand quilted.

Judy, I love your quilt!! have only seen one other besides mine. I really like the light background
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagsd3
    My Avatar is called ULS2 and is a pattern by Karen Stone. I fell in love with this pattern when a very good friend of mine had started one in Aqua's and Rust browns. I had never paperpieced before and she insisted I could do it. I went home and showed a picture to my hubby and he loved it too. He said make sure you do yours with blues, the rest is history. Definetly loved paperpiecing and am so hooked.

Mine is one of my kitty boys Harry. He does have a habit of looking soooo cheerful :P
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mine is a quillo all done by hand, no machine. My first quilt made for my granddaughter. I saw a quillo/puff quilt at a John Wayne Museum. I loved how it looked, came home, looked for instrutions on the internet.
    Had DH figure out how much how much fabric I would need for a queen sized quillo and that was my inspiration, and since then, I have been hooked
    I even embroidered my granddaughters name in the lower right corner with no pattern, all free hand

My current avatar started with the panel that was given to me - which is a God Grant Me The Serenity prayer. Because the prayer is surrounded with color and appears as you are looking out a window (actually framed as such) I decided to use multiple colored "bricks" with white to represent the mortor. The colors start at a mid-night navy and grade down in color. Almost all the colors used are also in the panel and the bricks surrounding the Panel are definitely used, once I graded down in color going lighter and light, then I reversed going from light green to a hunter green on the bottom portion. The picture doesn't do it any kind of justice and everyone that saw the quilt fell in love with it. This quilt was made for my brother because of the creed and it was a surprise gift for him and his wife. I will say that I am often in awe of many of the avatars on this board - they are so amazing!

Mine is called "Hunter's Star" and I made it in a class our quilt guild offered. Peggy Gelbrech, from Oregon came to teach it. It was a wonderful class. 2 Ladies at Sisters qs in Centralia, WA helped me pick the colors. Not what I would have picked alone, but I love them and get lots of compliments. It's a lap quilt I use in the evenings while watching TV.

Blog Entries
    What is an avatar?

My wall hanging came a pattern book, "Simple Stars, Beautiful Quilts", which is actually all done in squares and half square triangles. I used a fussy cut instead of a star for the very center.

Avatar are the pictures below the names of the members.Look to the left and you see info about the members.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the info, I'm new here.

Blog Entries
    Mine is a BOM from LQS that I did 4 or 5 years ago, finally finished and put on a bed that belonged to my grandparents.

Mine is for Michelle, one of my daughters. She was to get it on her 21st birthday but with the SD weather, she will be finally getting it this weekend. December to March, just a little late. The middle is a wallhanging that she purchased at a fabric store when she was 10. I think she paid $1.00 for it. She loves dolphins, and the rest of the fabrics are dolphin or sea inspired. I machine quilted all of it and the back is black, which is a good because she gets things dirty. LOL

Mine is made using the twisted logcabin pattern. I saw this pattern and just loved it. I love a challange so I had to make it.

gorgeous!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvia77
    Mine is made using the twisted logcabin pattern. I saw this pattern and just loved it. I love a challange so I had to make it.

Mine is called "Andy" and his pattern is half Morgan and half Quarterhorse

Blog Entries
    Mine is only one block of a quilt that my sister made last year. I loved it and wanted to see if I could make it, but quit after one block. I'm happy with what I have.

Bouillabaisse by Pie in the Sky
    Name:  Attachment-129534.jpe
Views: 340
Size:  66.9 KB

It is called "Sunset" by Julie Popa. The pattern is pretty easy as there aren't many seams to match. I took this as a class and was suppose to choose totally random color stripes . . . but just could not bring myself to do that. Now I've recently discovered this pattern on Quilters Cache (Irish Plaid) but with a much more desireable border. Of course the Irish Plaid uses 3 stripes and the Sunset just uses 2 stripes. This was my 6th quilt and all the ones before were baby quilts. It's the only one I've kept so far and love it so much, I made a jacket with the scraps.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-70385-1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by featherweight
    Mine is called "Radiating Diamonds". A friend of mine that I met through one of the quilt groups in the area designed the pattern. Everyone in the group bought the book and made them. I liked that pattern so well that I made 2 of them for my two children for Christmas that year. It is so much fun to make and really quite fast. She then told us how to quilt it and it was done on my home machine. Both were queen size. The two quilts complete from cut out, to binding were finished in three weeks.
    I have always wanted to try that type of quilt, but am tooooo chicken. Your's is absoutey beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jstitcher
    What is an avatar?
    Welcome from another Colorado quilter!!!... 8-)

My Avitar is a pattern by Evelyn Sloppy called Honeyberries. The Pattern is in her book called "40 Fabulous Quick-Cut Quilts". I made it for my Daughter in Law. It is in remembrance of her college years. She attended the University of SC. The colors are Garnet and Black. The Mascot (Gamecock) is quilted in the middle With the Block C.The years she attended are quilted down the sides and USC quilted across the top and Gamecocks quilted across the bottom. She loves it.

Blog Entries
    Avatar: 1) One regarded as an incarnation, 2) An archetype or exemplar. Archetype: An original model after which other things are patterned; Exemplar: One worthy of being imitated, a model; 2)One that is typical, example. So what people have selected for their "avatar" can fit any number of the meanings of the word.

My avatar is a photo I took of a swallowtail butterfly that I took years ago while camping up in Flagstaff, AZ. The wingspan on that beautiful creature was at least 6" across and it was gracious enough to fly slowly, hover, and linger awhile to allow me to take a photo. I plan on creating a pattern of this butterfly for a wall-hanging. Haven't decided if I will do a needle-turn applique, or do a fused applique and then use Melinda Bula's Renegard Thread Play techique.

Quote Originally Posted by Janquiltz
    Avatar: 1) One regarded as an incarnation, 2) An archetype or exemplar. Archetype: An original model after which other things are patterned; Exemplar: One worthy of being imitated, a model; 2)One that is typical, example. So what people have selected for their "avatar" can fit any number of the meanings of the word.

My avatar is a photo I took of a swallowtail butterfly that I took years ago while camping up in Flagstaff, AZ. The wingspan on that beautiful creature was at least 6" across and it was gracious enough to fly slowly, hover, and linger awhile to allow me to take a photo. I plan on creating a pattern of this butterfly for a wall-hanging. Haven't decided if I will do a needle-turn applique, or do a fused applique and then use Melinda Bula's Renegard Thread Play techique.
    Funny you should post this today. I went to a art quilt demo this morning and she showed us how to make a beautiful wall hanging out of a photo. It was out of a book called "Altered Photo Artistry". She used a photo of a flower but your butterfly would be beautiful done this way. It is a georgous photo!!! :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie
    Thanks for asking! I'm proud of it!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-41613-1.htm
    There was a PatchworkParty 2010...I googled and found it on Everything Quilts....It was Oct thru Dec....now it's like $180.00.......No 2011 yet.

Mine is from a workshop our guild had. It is woven fabric with otters fused on top. A friend liked it so much, it went home in her suitcase!! bea cda

Mine is a nine-patch doll quilt I made for my soon to be 3-yr-old gdau's doll cradle. She loves it and wraps her doll in it. I designed and made it in a day and am thinking I may want to make a full sized one.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast