Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Tell me about your quilt in your avatar

The quilt in my avatar is a small wall hanging I sewed last Christmas. An extremely easy project to put together and I love the Christmas trees that stand out against the cream background.

Christmas Wall Hanging
    Name:  Attachment-122013.jpe
Views: 14
Size:  34.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Lobster
    You don't need a completed quilt, if you've got a few blocks sewn together, or even a single block, we can make you an avatar. If you pop into chat (this is easy, just click on "Live Chat" at the top of the page), I'm sure we can walk you through creating a nice avatar.
    Thanks so much Lobster. You're very thoughtful. I need to take a picture first, and that would require a camera. I spend money on everything else but a camera. I'll have to see whose I can borrow. But when I do, I'll remember you, and let you help me then. You're so sweet. :)

Well it probably won't be me in the chat room! But it's always busy and people are always helpful, and it is easy enough to walk someone through setting up an avatar that I'm sure there will be plenty of offers to help.

Do you have a scanner, by any chance? If it's only one block, you could put it on the scanner.

I went and looked at the quilt on your brass bed. It is beautiful!! Thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Mine is a quilt I did of a pic of my Mom and me lol :D:D:D
    Love ya!

Blog Entries
    Mine is Ricky Tims's Harmonic Convergence pattern in the center, then square in a square so it is more like one big block. It is still in progress, down to the hand quilting, large ferns in the outer segments. I wanted to sell it originally (and yes I asked permission, and offered my first-born son as collateral! Ricky is a peach incidentally, emailed me back) The purple/green pattern in the center was fabric I bought when I first got back to quilting and was terrified of cutting into it. I absolutely LOVE this quilt!
    Ellen

Blog Entries
    Mine was adapted from the photo of a quilt I saw on-line. I used 5" squares a friend gave me as as scraps leftover from her sewing. I got the idea together and found a sashing fabric to work. I wanted to send it to my aunt who was suffering with cancer, but with Christmas and back pain, I was unable to get it done and send it on time. My husband wants to decorate a living room wall with it, but I'm afraid it will be a reminder about procrastinating.

Mine was made for my GS's 16th birthday. It is made primarily from men's shirts. I left the manufacturer labels on and many pockets. I told him he could use the pockets for his nighttime snacks. He drags it every where with him. One of the first quilts I ever made. SID and no binding--envelope fashion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jraff
    Mine was adapted from the photo of a quilt I saw on-line. I used 5" squares a friend gave me as as scraps leftover from her sewing. I got the idea together and found a sashing fabric to work. I wanted to send it to my aunt who was suffering with cancer, but with Christmas and back pain, I was unable to get it done and send it on time. My husband wants to decorate a living room wall with it, but I'm afraid it will be a reminder about procrastinating.
    How about a reminder of persistance and dedication!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grammy17
    Mine was made for my GS's 16th birthday. It is made primarily from men's shirts. I left the manufacturer labels on and many pockets. I told him he could use the pockets for his nighttime snacks. He drags it every where with him. One of the first quilts I ever made. SID and no binding--envelope fashion.
    Grammy17, what does envelope fashion mean? Also, do you have relatives in Michigan?

Blog Entries
    The quilt in my avatar picture is a king sized "Double Wedding Ring" pattern. I pieced all the arcs in multiple red fabrics and then sewed fusible to the right sides later turning and pressing onto a background square, no curved piecing. I made it in red and white because my DD1 and her husband are "Big Red" fans to the max! Their wedding colors were red, white and silver. I hand quilted the whole thing and sewed the binding by hand. It was only the third quilt I had ever made. My son in law was in awe and shed some tears when he saw it because he could not believe that someone would ever go to so much trouble to make something for him (and her). It was truly a labor of love!

Rose L

mine is not a quilt, hanging or any other fabric treasure.

It is a Diane Phelan jigsaw puzzle.

It was a gift from my Angel, Karie and was put together mostly by my granddaughter.

It is now framed and will be hung when we return to our home in the spring.

Don't you just love it?

MJ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend
    Quote Originally Posted by GrammaO
    Mine is Eleanor Burns Tennesse Waltz pattern. I saw this episode and really liked the quilt. I bought the book but was afraid to do a big quilt in case it was hard. Chose to do a baby quilt for my new grandson. It turned out to be much easier than I thought so doing another one is on my to-do list.
    I also made a Tennesee Waltz, it fits a double bed. You can
    see it in my Webshots album.
    http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...45965719APatjV
    Very pretty. I love the colors you used.

Quote Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
    mine is not a quilt, hanging or any other fabric treasure.

It is a Diane Phelan jigsaw puzzle.

It was a gift from my Angel, Karie and was put together mostly by my granddaughter.

It is now framed and will be hung when we return to our home in the spring.

Don't you just love it?

MJ
    It definitely IS beautiful!! My husband builds puzzles, and I glue them together. We're wallpapering our basement walls with puzzles. He does puzzles upstairs, I do quilts downstairs, and we live blitzfully ever after. I call it wedded blitz.

Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend
    Mine is Eleanor Burns Tennesse Waltz pattern. I saw this episode and really liked the quilt. I bought the book but was afraid to do a big quilt in case it was hard. Chose to do a baby quilt for my new grandson. It turned out to be much easier than I thought so doing another one is on my to-do list.
    I also made a Tennesee Waltz, it fits a double bed. You can
    see it in my Webshots album.
    http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...45965719APatjV
    Very pretty. I love the colors you used.
    Thank you Gramma O

Mine is a 60x80 couch quilt that I made for my niece as a wedding gift and I backed it with yellow fleece. She loves the Madri Gras and her wedding colors were purple, green and gold, so that is why I used those colors. I don't know the names of my quilt patterns, I name them after the people that I give them to. I have some fabric left and have been toying with the idea to use it to make a baby quilt for when they decide to start their family. Does that sound crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by grmamrtha1
    Grammy17, what does envelope fashion mean?

Put the top and bottom right sides together batting on the bottom and sew all the way around. Leave an opening large enough to pull the quilt through. Turn it inside out and hand sew the opening closed. Then I did SID.

Also, do you have relatives in Michigan?
    Not that I know of. Came to FL from IL. Why do you ask?

I think a baby quilt with the leftover fabric would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan quilter
    Mine is a 60x80 couch quilt that I made for my niece as a wedding gift and I backed it with yellow fleece. She loves the Madri Gras and her wedding colors were purple, green and gold, so that is why I used those colors. I don't know the names of my quilt patterns, I name them after the people that I give them to. I have some fabric left and have been toying with the idea to use it to make a baby quilt for when they decide to start their family. Does that sound crazy?

The quilt in my avatar is for my first and only granddaughter. The fabric is curtain valances of the set my daughter chose to use for the nursery. I added some other fabric. My daughter doesn't use the quilt. She read something somewhere that a baby could choke or suficate with a blanket. So she doesn't use it. My granddaughter still doesn't sleep with a blanket. So the quilt sits on the back of the rocking chair.

would your friend share the pattern with me too? i love the "radiating diamonds" design and i'm so anxious to try a bargello

Quote Originally Posted by whinnytoo
    Judy, I love your quilt!! have only seen one other besides mine. I really like the light background
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagsd3
    My Avatar is called ULS2 and is a pattern by Karen Stone. I fell in love with this pattern when a very good friend of mine had started one in Aqua's and Rust browns. I had never paperpieced before and she insisted I could do it. I went home and showed a picture to my hubby and he loved it too. He said make sure you do yours with blues, the rest is history. Definetly loved paperpiecing and am so hooked.
    Oh my gosh! I love your colors! I have been wanting to do one with a black background yours is beautiful. I think it would be neat in Black , white and reds. Maybe someday......

Quote Originally Posted by mhansen6
    The quilt in my avatar is for my first and only granddaughter. The fabric is curtain valances of the set my daughter chose to use for the nursery. I added some other fabric. My daughter doesn't use the quilt. She read something somewhere that a baby could choke or suficate with a blanket. So she doesn't use it. My granddaughter still doesn't sleep with a blanket. So the quilt sits on the back of the rocking chair.
    Beautiful granddaughter and love the quilt.
    How did we ever survive our childhoods with all the dangerous things we were exposed to? :roll:

Where did you get this pattern? I have been searching the net for 2 days and can't find one.
    Mine is a Karen Stone pattern called ULS 11 and all paper pieced. I love a challenge and this one didnt disappoint!

Quote Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy
    Where did you get this pattern? I have been searching the net for 2 days and can't find one.
    Mine is a Karen Stone pattern called ULS 11 and all paper pieced. I love a challenge and this one didnt disappoint!
    Here is the site I had purchased mine from a couple of years ago, be sure and go to page 2 that is where it is.They still list all of her patterns, This one is actually called ULS2. Let me know if you can't get it from their and will help find another. Might be able to go directly to Karen Stone's site too and find it.
    http://www.embroideryetcetera.com/qu...patterns1.html

Quote Originally Posted by grmamrtha1
    Grammy17, what does envelope fashion mean?

Put the top and bottom right sides together batting on the bottom and sew all the way around. Leave an opening large enough to pull the quilt through. Turn it inside out and hand sew the opening closed. Then I did SID.

Also, do you have relatives in Michigan?
    Not that I know of. Came to FL from IL. Why do you ask?
    I asked because my husband's cousin and his wife live in Largo, and they have LOTS of grandchildren, and wondered if you were she. You're not, so that's that. But thank you for explaining the envelope fashion--never heard of it, but it seems like an easier way to accomplish finishing a quilt. I'll probably have to try it. :)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast